• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Wiki Item not complete

Please add the rest of the info to this quest. . .

As far as I know the information in the walk through is complete - the reference to Beta 3-5 WIP (work in progress) at the top referred to the version of the mod that I used when I wrote the walk through.

If you play the quest through and find anything that you think should be added or changed - please feel free to update the walk through.:yes

This applies to all the walkthroughs - if anyone wishes to add, change, or improve them I any way please feel free to do so. :read

Just click on the "Locked" tab at the top of the Wiki page and you should be able to edit it.

:type1

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm using 3.4 but it's the same:
When you have one go back to the priest who gave you the task – he will say thanks and give you a special item – and tell you if you want to know more about it you need to go to Bridgetown and explore the Crypt.
only the part that I Bolded is different. It says go find the inventor. You run into an old man which you have to save from burning (I think he is the inventor) and you have to ask him about that Item (Telescope). I'm still playing this quest so I'm not sure how to do the rest. The old man is busy after saving can't talk to him. (he lives in light house)

You run into an old man which you have to save from burning (I think he is the inventor) and you have to ask him about that Item (Telescope). I'm still playing this quest so I'm not sure how to do the rest. The old man is busy after saving can't talk to him. (he lives in light house)

This is a different "Old Man" - this one is Clement Aurentuis who lives in the lighthouse -and is part of the Main Tales of A Sea Hawk story. :yes

The Old Man for the Church Protection Side Quest is in the crypt of the Maltese Abbey in Bridgetown ( Maltese Abbey is the big Church with wooden Scaffolding arround it.)

The Church protection side quest is a new quest that was only added in Beta 3-3 or 3-4.

:read

When you have one go back to the priest who gave you the task – he will say thanks and give you a special item – and tell you if you want to know more about it you need to go to Bridgetown and explore the Crypt.
only the part that I Bolded is different. It says go find the inventor. You run into an old man which you have to save from burning (I think he is the inventor) and you have to ask him about that Item (Telescope). I'm still playing this quest so I'm not sure how to do the rest. The old man is busy after saving can't talk to him. (he lives in light house)
Uh? Where did it refer to the "old man" in respect to the Maltese Knight Abbey "special item" side quest??? o_O

I suspect you are playing the Standard Storyline and are at the point where you have to save Clement Aurentius.
The walkthrough for that is on this page: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/tales-of-a-sea-hawk-main-quest/

The "telescope" item is in no way related to this. It is a complete coincidence that you ran into it at that specific point.
That side quest can be started at any church from the start of the game.

As far as I know the information in the walk through is complete - the reference to Beta 3-5 WIP (work in progress) at the top referred to the version of the mod that I used when I wrote the walk through.

If you play the quest through and find anything that you think should be added or changed - please feel free to update the walk through.:yes
Look through the New Horizons Quests page, it does now appear a bit confusing though: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-quests/
Perhaps you can remove the link to http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizon-main-story-quests/ and link this section directly to the Main Storyline walkthroughs:
The Tales of A Sea Hawk – the adventures of Nathaniel Hawk (the original game main quest) - also starts with a short Tutorial.

Assassin – the Life and Times of Johan Elting

Bartolomeu O Portuguese – The Adventures of a Famous Buccaneer

Chronicles of Horatio Hornblower – based on the books of his early Naval Adventures

Hoist the Colours – the Life of a certain Capt. J Sparrow

Woodes Rodgers – A puzzle solving story based on the life of the famous Governor of Barbados and the lives of some notorious Pirates.

The Devlin Opera (WIP) - This main story is a “work in progress” and has to be selected when the mod is installed for it to be present and playable.

Devlin Opera is also not technically "WIP" because it is not being worked on probably won't ever be unless somebody decides to do something.
"Unfinished" or even "Abanonded" would be more accurate.

I definitely like the section for Free Play you added:
The predefined characters include:
  1. Julian McAllister - Brave Black Flag – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  2. Milady de Winter - Spy and Assassin
  3. Laurens de Graaf – Scourge of the West – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  4. Francis Drake – Disturb us, Lord
  5. Jean-Baptiste du Casse - War of the League of Augsburg
  6. Francisco de Almeida - The Portuguese Armada
  7. Jack Aubrey – Master & Commander
  8. Hector Barbossa – The Curse of Cortez
  9. Beatrice Devlin – Caribbean Tales – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  10. Blackbeard – No Quarter – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  11. Jean Lafitte – The Buccaneer
  12. Henri Caesar – The Haitian Revolution – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  13. Horatio Nelson – Nelson’s First Command
  14. Danielle Green – A Lady Scorned – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  15. Davy Jones – Lord of the Sea
  16. Blaze Devlin – Age of Pirates – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  17. Jean de la Croix – Tales of a Chevalier – has its own opening and short quest ( NO tutorial ) see:- Tales of a Chevalier
  18. James Norrington – A Fine Gentleman
  19. Michiel de Ruyter – Bestevaer
  20. Sao Feng – Crouching Tiger, Sailing Dragon – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  21. Robert Fulton – Age of Steam – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  22. Jose Gaspar - The Legend of Gasparilla – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  23. Jose Almeida – Rustic Sea Wolf – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  24. Carrera de la Vega - The Might of Spain
  25. John Paul Jones - The American Revolution
  26. Will Turner – A Touch of Destiny – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
  27. Cutler Beckett - Just Good Business – Begins with the Tutorial or Stormy Start
It might be interesting to add some of the details from the Excel file added here though: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/custom-pre-defined-character-choices.24995/page-9#post-512802

It might even not be necessary to list the various characters if we provide an overview of the different starts and how they're linked to Player Type.
After all, it is mainly Player Type that has an effect on the starting scenario.

There are a few characters who do have unique stuff applied to them. This is mainly for Jean Lafitte and Jose Almeida to set their alliance to America rather than their own nation.
Several of the navy officers get custom ship progressions unique for them and Francis Drake also get a unique promotion reward at some point.

Back