• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Why is "sail on" option always greyed out?

ValoWay

Landlubber
hello,
I'm kinda new to the game and wonder why i cannot choose the option "sail on" when i tag a ship? I got GOF 2.0 1.3 patch installed.

This leads me to my second problem,
when I cannot "choose" my target how am I supposed to start as a pirate? I make sure that I'm far enough away and that I got wind to run away but when I tag an enemy ship I spawn right next to it without any chance of getting away which I feel is stupid cause I attacked in the first place! So why cant i use the sail on option to sail away when the merchant is too strong for me in my noob ship?

I managed to board one single dutch merchant. All my crew died but I won. Problem now is that I do not have enough money to get a new crew nor make repairs. I cannot board a ship with only 24 men??

How to start this game? What am I supposed to do cause Im apparently do something wrong?....

Go through your options carefully, both base options and mod options. There you will find some that let you choose how close or far away you spawn.

I also try to get them to follow me close to a friendly fort so the fort can soften them up before I engage.

I think it was probably just bad luck. Other ships had way more money and loot! Maybe it makes sense to trade in the beginning so that you do not have to restart when the first ship you enter has nothing but kills your crew, dmges you and all that jazz..

Is the greyed out "sail on" button a mod feature?
You have the choice between "engage" and "sail on" when you attack a ship on open sea but "sail on" is always greyed out and i wonder why that is?

Why are you yelling?

The people who made the mod are not around to ask right now.

Why are you yelling?

The people who made the mod are not around to ask right now.

oh sry, wasnt meant as complaining or yelling :)
I made that in bigger letters to steer the attention towards the "sail on" thing since I already solved the other topics of my original post... I followed your suggestion by the way to have a look into the mod feature list which is available through the options menu.

I'm rather curious now why this "sail on" button is always greyed out that's all : )

Back