• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Which nobility title would you rather have

Which nobility title would you rather have seen in game?

• Baron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just sir

• Marquis

• Marquis with sir

• Baron with sir

• Earl

• Earl with sir

• Total voters

Lord Horatio Nelson

1st Duke of Bronté
Storm Modder
Which nobility title would you guys rather have? Would it be baron, earl, Duke or lord? Or sir though sir could be used with any of those other ones

So I hope more people will vote, and even tho there won't be any more better nobilities in my mod until my game is fixed, feel free to vote.

It would be interesting to see proper formal addresses in the game, such as:

"Their lordship, the Baron of Northshire, requests an audience with you."

Note that "sir" was reserved for knights and the casual (or equal rank) nobility of that time. A Baron would not address an Earl/Duke with "sir", as this would be considered offensive/disrespectful to the higher nobility's rank and title.

Each rank had a polite way of address from lower ranks that involved not just words, but also body gestures and behaviour.

Last edited:
And I have already added a whole new nobility system into the game, it even shows the title on the character menu. But the characters don't address you as a noble tho.

Yes, this is true. You would mainly address a nobl whose title is higher than Knight by "Lord". @Cerez
Knight is a military position for nobles, and "Sir" in the army, among nobles, would have been used as a way of putting every officer on the equal level -- to put aside social nobility ranks, and focus on the state of the war.

"Lord" is mainly used for barons and your average nobility. It practicallty stands for "land-owner". Nobility of the time preferred that their status is known, so if you were going to use "Lord" to address a Duke, and you were of lower rank, you had better made sure to emphasise their high status, lest you offended them -- such as:

"Would his excellency, Lord Byron, care to join us?"

Yes, but Lord in England was used the most to address barons and up. Aka; age 3+. Will you join me in a coversation? Also wasn't Pieter Boelen one of the first PA! dismembered?! LADY MARGARET!!!!????

Yes, but Lord in England was used the most to address barons and up.
That is correct. :yes But with the added note that if they were of higher rank than a baron, you would need to emphasise their status with your words and behaviour in order not to offend them.

@Cerez, are you too busy to join in a conversation?
Isntead of this post, please?
I'm not sure what you mean. :confused:

I do not engage in instant messaging (chat) online, if that's what you mean. :no (It's too much for me to keep up with, with my current health.)

Also wasn't Pieter Boelen one of the first PA! dismembered?!
Once again, not sure what you mean, but this is something you'd better ask Pieter about.

LADY MARGARET!!!!????
o_O

Last edited:
Back