• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where to get HMS Victory?

cbb018

Sailor Apprentice
hello I'm in build 14 patch 5, and I'm Wondering where can i get HMS Victory? or is it random?

The Victory? The only place where I can think of a ship like that being used is in the "Hoist the Colors" quest.

That ship can be encountered at random in the last three time periods (Hoist the Colours, M&C, Hornblower), although it is quite rare.
Also, if you have a very high naval rank with England, you should be able to buy one when it appears in an English shipyard. ;)

nice thanks for the info. The naval rank is the one given to you by the governor? what are the ranks can you please give me a link? tnx again

To look it up yourself go to: your PotC folder --> program --> NK.c. All of the ranks are in there.

For the English it is: Midshipman, 3rd Lieutenant, 2nd Lieutenant, 1st Lieutenant, Commander, Captain, Commodore, Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Admiral, Admiral of the Fleet, First Lord of the Admiralty.

No way without cheating, that is. Victory was launched in 1765, and the third game period (NH storyline) ends in 1739.
The following period is from 1740 - 1769, so Victory just fits into that one and beyond.

When I say 'cheating' in this case, I mean giving yourself the ship using the console code... but I prefer to think of it as 'testing'. :cheeky

ah. what about Vanderdecken. Can't i get it through him? [come to think of it. can i even FIND him in the NH storyline?]

ah. what about Vanderdecken. Can't i get it through him? [come to think of it. can i even FIND him in the NH storyline?]

I don't think Vanderdecken has Victory - only Special Cursed ships & test ( steam ) ships. :shrug

To find Vanderdecken in NH Storyline ( & the others except Jack Sparrow )

Go to tortuga tavern and find character from PotC - hire him and he will give you a compass - then go to Isle de Muerta and look in shipwreck on the beach

Vanderdecken only sells ships that are NEVER sold OR encountered. If we want him to sell other ships too, we have to double up the ships_init.c entries like we did for the steamships.
We could probably figure out another way as well, but that'd require some more figuring out on my part.

It has been a while since I visited him, but I seem to remember that Vanderdecken has 1 or 2 monster ships for sale. Methinks they cost something like $1,500,000 piastres too. :shock

Endeavour and Dauntless would be sold, but not the Victory because she can be encountered.

Guys I know what you can do to get the Victory. Locate your "Storyline" folder in "PROGRAM". For me its: "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\PROGRAM\Storyline" . In that folder you will see the .c files for the storylines and folders with the names of the storylines. The .c files INSIDE THE RESPECTIVE STORYLINE FOLDERS are meant for your starting equipment and rank. The .c files inside the STORYLINE folder inside PROGRAM are meant for the starting location and ship. Choose the storyline you want. Note: This only takes effect when you start a new storyline. This will not work on existing savegames =( . Open the .c of your chosen storyline. Now before you change anything and save it, this is the PERFECT! time to backup the previously existing file. When you open the .c file, find the line (well, for me I used the Jack Aubrey file): sl.(sn).start.ship = "HMS_Surprise";

(Note that this is what I DID!) Changed "HMS_Surprise" to "Victory1" If you want, you can change the name of the ship. Locate the line below the afforementioned one. For jack aubrey, its: sl.(sn).start.shipname = "HMS Surprise"; I changed the ship's name to HMS Indefeatable. Now, go ahead and start a FRESH game of whatever storyline of the file u edited. For me, I edited the Jack Aubrey storyline so I started a fresh Jack Aubrey storyline, and got the Victory. Note: you can change any storyline to have any ship that you want. Just remember to backup the files to.

BIG NOTE: In the Ship_init.c file in the "SHIP" folder, it states that the ships use a certain long gun/caronnade/culverin calibre. For the Victory, the file states it uses a 32-Pounder Long Gun. Note however, if you get the victory using the method above, she will not have the 32 pounder but defaults to the 4 pounder. This applies to ALL SHIPS There is, sadly, no way to solve this but to buy the 32 pounders at the shipyard for a VERY hefty price.

Hope this helps everyone. If you have a problem, feel free to PM me or post a reply here. Thank you!

In the unpublished version of select storyline interface there's a possibility to select a starting ship (limited to 7, 6 & 5 class without debug and any when debug mode is enabled). Unfortunately it isn't in beta yet because I stuck for now on selection of starting location and starting period. However I hope I someday soon finally make it, although I'm working on small parts. This way altering a code would be unnecessary, thus making life easier and code safer.

pirate_kk

Glad to hear you're still working on that, Pirate_KK; looking forward to that interface very much!
Even just a simple choice between a few ships as in Build 13 would be better than no choice, as far as I'm concerned. :yes

Don't mean to spoil the savegame but you could also give yourself better equipment =S In the folders with the respective storyline names inside: "PotC\PROGRAM\Storyline" you would find a StartStoryline.c For me, I used the Jack Aubrey storyline. I added extra equipment there along wth a masterwork spyglass (spyglass4) Here is what I added to the Jack aubrey storyline so far (again, this only works on fresh games):

Changed saber to English Officer's Saber (blade1 - blade24)
Smallsword (bladeC6) - added a new line
Changed short pistol to Pirates Pistol (pistol1 - PiratePistol)
Scrapper pistol (pistol5) - added a new line
Dual-barrel pistol (pistol6) - added a new line
Musket (pistolmket) - added a new line
Changed Common Spyglass to Masterwork Spyglass (spyglass2 - spyglass4)

I also changed my rank with England!

// Modify Default Relations
SetRank(pchar, ENGLAND, 5); // Commander

changed to

// Modify Default Relations
SetRank(pchar, ENGLAND, 12); // First Lord of the Admiralty

Now I have the highest rank possible with the English =). Oh and err...Capt'n Rapier you could earn money by doing what I did. Go to the shop of the island your on. Now, before talking to the keeper, save your game. Talk to him. You can either ask to browse the shop, talk business or cancel the chat. Choose to talk business. Ask if anyone is able to do anything for him. He will tell you to deliver cargo to a certain place in 1 month. If you do it, he will pay you a set amount of gold. Now remember I said to save your game? Ok, if you didn't get a good price, reload the savegame and talk to him all over again. It might be the same location or different but the prices will change. Keep doing that until you get a deal of 50000+ (The highest I got was 120501 to delivering from Antigua to Grand Turk)
I recommend going to Antigua or Sao Jorge for this. Since both islands are kinda...isolated, as to put it... the keepers will pay higher to get their goods out. This way, you can earn EXP and get enough money to pay off for the 32 Pounders =)

Glad to be of help, Rapier. I hope you take my advice on how to earn money. Any problems? Post here or PM Me =D

Back