• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where I can download 1.03 patch?

I think this story can be remade. Cutler Beckett will replace the head of the pirates, as well as 'Wicked Wench' instead of the 'Black Pearl'. I haven't found any information about where it came from the East India Company, so we can come up with something. Either this is the theft of a ship from a skeleton that is located on Isla de Muerte, or from some nation.
"New Horizons" has already done this sort of thing. But not in the original storyline, which it calls "Tales of a Sea Hawk". It has several other storylines, one of which is all about Jack Sparrow. It doesn't show how the East India Company got the Wicked Wench but it does show how Jack Sparrow got it. And how it became the Black Pearl.

Enabling the quest to give Jack Sparrow his beloved "Black Pearl" back would be a very nice touch, especially having the whole quest already prepared as I mentioned above.
That's not necessary - "New Horizons" already has a way to give the Black Pearl to Jack Sparrow. Hold off playing the "Hard Labours of an Assassin" sidequest until you have completed the main storyline of "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and you have the Pearl. You might get a surprise in Mateus Santos' dungeon...

Is his name (not ID) also "Barrakuda"? In English, that would be "Barracuda".

makeref(ch,Characters[n]); //Barrakuda.
ch.name = "Барракуда";
ch.lastname = "";
ch.id = "Barrakuda";
ch.nation = PIRATE;
ch.model = "shkiper";
ch.sex = "man";
GiveItem2Character(ch, "blade18");
ch.equip.blade = "blade18";
ch.location = "";
ch.location.group = "";
ch.location.locator = "";
ch.Dialog.Filename = "barrakuda_dialog.c";
ch.rank = 22;
ch.reputation = "1";
ch.experience = "0";
ch.skill.Leadership = "1";
ch.skill.Fencing = "10";
ch.skill.Sailing = "5";
ch.skill.Accuracy = "10";
ch.skill.Cannons = "10";
ch.skill.Grappling = "5";
ch.skill.Repair = "1";
ch.skill.Defence = "10";
ch.skill.Commerce = "1";
ch.skill.Sneak = "1";
ch.money = "0";
ch.Ship.Name = "Барракуда";
ch.perks.list.HullDamageUp = true;
ch.perks.list.SailsDamageUp = true;
ch.perks.list.CrewDamageUp = true;
ch.perks.list.BasicBattleState = true;
ch.perks.list.AdvancedBattleState = true;
ch.perks.list.ShipDefenseProfessional = true;
ch.perks.list.CannonProfessional = true;
ch.perks.list.ShipSpeedUp = true;
ch.perks.list.ShipTurnRateUp = true;
ch.perks.list.SailingProfessional = true;
ch.perks.list.CriticalShoot = true;
ch.perks.list.FastReload = true;
ch.perks.list.LongRangeShoot = true;
ch.Ship.Type = SHIP_BARRAKUDA;
ch.Ship.Stopped = true;
ch.Ship.Cannons.Type = CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS24;
LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, 0.0, 24.0);
LAi_SetHP(ch, 124.0, 124.0);
n = n + 1;

makeref(ch,Characters[n]); //Barrakuda.
ch.name = "Барракуда";
ch.lastname = "";
ch.id = "Barrakuda";
Or in other words, "yes". ;) That name looks like "Barrakuda" in Russian. So I'll do this:
Code:
    ch.old.name    = "Barrakuda";
    ch.lastname    = "";
    ch.name        = TranslateString("", "Barracuda");
    ch.lastname    = "";
Then different language versions of "characters_names.txt" can translate "Barracuda" as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: fjx
@AkrimalS:
Could you translate "barrakuda_dialog.h", please?

Also, I'm trying to trace through the quest to see how it works. As far as I can tell:
. "quest_smuggler_02" talks to you after you've been to Rheims' house and then returned to Port Royale (Redmond). He tells you to go to Desmond Ray Beltrop (Camilo Machado).
. Beltrop/Machado offers you a job to smuggle 300 sandalwood to Arnaud Matton.

And that's as far as it seems to get. The attached "arnaud matton_dialog.c" is from the zip file "PROGRAM.7z" which you attached to post #14 and appears to contain nothing about "smuggler_line" or sandalwood. So you'll take the sandalwood to Arnaud, who has nothing to say about it, and that's where the quest will break. Should there be another version of "arnaud matton_dialog.c"?

Could you translate the attached "arnaud matton_dialog.h", also from the same zip file, so I can see if that has anything about sandalwood or Camilo Machado?

Attachments

• arnaud matton_dialog.c
    34.2 KB · Views: 13
  • arnaud matton_dialog.h
    18.4 KB · Views: 16
Here are 2 files in English.
In these videos you can see the walkthrough and what it looks like. Why these? Because there are timecodes here.
1)
- This is a link with the minute the task started 30m50s.
2)
15m35s
3)
- At timecode 25m58s the quest ends. We kill Machado and get the "Hurricane" sword.

Attachments

• TranslationEn.7z
    7 KB · Views: 18
Here are 2 files in English.
Thanks, but one of them is "camilo machado_dialog.h" and I already have that. Could you translate the version of "arnaud matton_dialog.h" which I posted?

In these videos you can see the walkthrough and what it looks like. Why these? Because there are timecodes here.
In the first video, after leaving Camilo Machado's house, the player goes to the tavern and talks to Christiano Bessa. Is that part of the quest? I did not see anything about him in the quest code.

After arriving at Falaise de Fleur, at night, the player goes to the tavern to rent a room. The next day he hires some crew, repairs ships, and then goes to the store at about 38:16. And at about 38:57, some soldiers enter the store. That will be from case "case "smuggler_line_first_mission_soldiers" in "quests_reaction.c". Before that is case "smuggler_line_first_mission_before_soldiers", which includes this:
Code:
characters[getCharacterIndex("Arnaud Matton")].dialog.currentnode = "smuggler_line_first_mission_before_soldiers";
And dialog case "smuggler_line_first_mission_before_soldiers" is not in the version of "arnaud matton_dialog.c" which I have. Do you have a more complete version of that file?

And dialog case "smuggler_line_first_mission_before_soldiers" is not in the version of "arnaud matton_dialog.c" which I have. Do you have a more complete version of that file?
I looked at the file Arnaud Matton_dialog.h and compared it with arnaud matton_dialog.h - they are completely identical. With the exception of the lines added in new horizons from 311-328. So there is no need to translate anything here.
But there is another file called France Trader_dialog.h and there is a case "smuggler_line_first_mission_before_soldiers". It is also in the file PROGRAM\quests\quests_reaction.c .
In the first video, after leaving Camilo Machado's house, the player goes to the tavern and talks to Christiano Bessa. Is that part of the quest? I did not see anything about him in the quest code.
No, he's just playing dice with him there.

Attachments

• France Trader_dialog.c
    15.9 KB · Views: 11
  • France Trader_dialog.h
    8.5 KB · Views: 15
  • quests_reaction.c
    595.6 KB · Views: 15
I looked at the file Arnaud Matton_dialog.h and compared it with arnaud matton_dialog.h - they are completely identical. With the exception of the lines added in new horizons from 311-328. So there is no need to translate anything here.
But there is another file called France Trader_dialog.h and there is a case "smuggler_line_first_mission_before_soldiers". It is also in the file PROGRAM\quests\quests_reaction.c .
I see files "France Trader_dialog.c" and "France Trader_dialog.h" - thanks for the English translation! :cheers But I don't see anything in "quests_reaction.c" to switch Arnaud Matton from "Arnaud Matton_dialog.c" to "France Trader_dialog.c". That won't be a problem, though - I'll just add lines where necessary to switch his dialog file when you're visiting Arnaud for the quest, then switch it back when the quest parts are over. That way he can use his normal file for the rest of the game. I've had to do something similar for other characters in other storylines when they need to use special files for storyline quests.

Could you translate the Patch 1.03 version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.h", please? That has six lines at the bottom which are for the quest. I've already copied code from the 1.03 version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.c" into the "New Horizons" version, and also copied the extra six lines into the Russian version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.h".

Last edited:
Could you translate the Patch 1.03 version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.h", please? That has six lines at the bottom which are for the quest. I've already copied code from the 1.03 version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.c" into the "New Horizons" version, and also copied the extra six lines into the Russian version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.h".
Here.
I see files "France Trader_dialog.c" and "France Trader_dialog.h" - thanks for the English translation! :cheers But I don't see anything in "quests_reaction.c" to switch Arnaud Matton from "Arnaud Matton_dialog.c" to "France Trader_dialog.c". That won't be a problem, though - I'll just add lines where necessary to switch his dialog file when you're visiting Arnaud for the quest, then switch it back when the quest parts are over. That way he can use his normal file for the rest of the game. I've had to do something similar for other characters in other storylines when they need to use special files for storyline quests.
The only mention of France Trader_dialog.c is in PROGRAM\characters\russian\init\FalaiseDeFleur.c.

Attachments

• Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.h
    9.2 KB · Views: 13
Thanks!

"France Trader_dialog.c" contains a lot more stuff for Arnaud Matton's normal dialog, such as cargo, items and normal delivery quests. Rather than have that work incorrectly, I'm copying all the "smuggler_line" quest lines into "Arnaud Matton_dialog.c".

And in doing so, I spotted a mistake. "France Trader_dialog.c" has two cases "fourth_mission_capture_sabine", both linking to "fourth_mission_capture_sabine_2". The dialog will probably pick the first, miss the second, and go straight to "fourth_mission_capture_sabine_2", which means you'll probably never see these lines:
Arnaud Matton said:
"S... Sabine?! What did you do to her?!",
"Nothing yet, but I have some business with her... But we can come to an agreement.",

Talking of Sabine, her dialog also has some quest lines, which means can you please translate the v1.03 version of "Sabine Matton_dialog.h"?

Also:
In "quests_reaction.c", Arnaud Matton is replaced by a new character. In fact character "Arnaud Matton" simply gets a new model and name:
Code:
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].model = "pirate2";
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].headModel = "h_pirate2";
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name = "Áåççóáûé";
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].lastname = "Ïüþ";
What are those names in Western letters?

What are those names in Western letters?
If you are talking about case "fourth_mission_completed":
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name = "Беззубый";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].lastname = "Пью";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].location = "Falaise_de_fleur_store";
Then it will be : "Toothless Pew"
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name = "Toothless";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].lastname = "Pew";
Talking of Sabine, her dialog also has some quest lines, which means can you please translate the v1.03 version of "Sabine Matton_dialog.h"?
That seems to be all.

Attachments

• Sabine Matton_dialog.h
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
If you are talking about case "fourth_mission_completed":
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name = "Беззубый";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].lastname = "Пью";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].location = "Falaise_de_fleur_store";
Then it will be : "Toothless Pew"
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name = "Toothless";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].lastname = "Pew";
Probably replace that with:
Code:
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name = TranslateString("Toothless", "Pew");
characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].lastname = "";
Then "Toothless Pew" will need to go into the various language versions of "characters_names.txt". Having the whole lot in 'characters[GetCharacterIndex("arnaud matton")].name' means other languages can translate it in whatever order they need, and also means less formal name functions in "Dialog_func.c" won't simply call him "Toothless".

Meanwhile, I'm now thinking of changing this quest to use someone other than Arnaud Matton. "New Horizons" has several other French colonies. In particular, Jean Maginot, storekeeper of Marigot, the French colony on Saint Martin, is involved with smuggling in the "Bartolomeu" storyline. That doesn't mean anything in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", which is the original storyline, but it is a slight connection and enough to make him prime candidate. A new character would need to be set up as his daughter for the kidnap section of the quest and any mention of Arnaud Matton would need to be changed to Jean Maginot.

Also, as well as the trigger in "Tales of a Sea Hawk" after you've returned to Port Royale after visiting Rheims' house, a separate trigger could be set up in FreePlay. Because "New Horizons" has this ongoing project:
Trophies in the Free Play mode
And "Night's Craft" looks like an ideal trophy quest for FreePlay smugglers. There's an attribute "quest.smuggling_guild.liking" which tracks what the smugglers' guild thinks of you - doing regular smuggling increases it, doing some sidequests which annoy the guild decreases it. The trigger could be if "quest.smuggling_guild.liking" has risen high enough after any regular smuggling run.

Could you please translate the 1.03 version of "quest_soldier_dialog.h"?

I've been playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk" to check something else and I'm now at the point where I need to go to Smugglers Lair to look for Rheims. Some console trickery will be needed to add some characters and a location which will be needed for "Night's Craft" but which weren't in the game when I started the story, and then I'll be able to test the adaptation of the quest to "New Horizons".

Reactions: fjx
Could you please translate the 1.03 version of "quest_soldier_dialog.h"?

I've been playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk" to check something else and I'm now at the point where I need to go to Smugglers Lair to look for Rheims. Some console trickery will be needed to add some characters and a location which will be needed for "Night's Craft" but which weren't in the game when I started the story, and then I'll be able to test the adaptation of the quest to "New Horizons".

Attachments

• quest_soldier_dialog.h
    1.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks!

Line 8: delete the name at the end because the player can choose the character model at the start of the game, and can change the character's name any time. So the line should just be:
Code:
"Are you ",
... then "quest_soldier_dialog.c" will fill in the characters' name and add the question mark to the end:
Code:
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[6] + GetMyFullName(PChar) + "?";
I've already done this to the English file; you may want to do the same to the Russian one.

Thanks!

Line 8: delete the name at the end because the player can choose the character model at the start of the game, and can change the character's name any time. So the line should just be:
Code:
"Are you ",
... then "quest_soldier_dialog.c" will fill in the characters' name and add the question mark to the end:
Code:
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[6] + GetMyFullName(PChar) + "?";
I've already done this to the English file; you may want to do the same to the Russian one.
When you are finished changing English files, send me the finished version, it will be easier for me to change Russian files. I'm honestly surprised that the official version 1.03 contains some errors in the spelling of the Russian language. In some places, after a period, sentences begin with a small letter.

I'm now starting this quest!

"quest_smuggler_02" seems to be just a copy of "quest_smuggler_01". "New Horizons" has a lot of new character models, so I've changed "quest_smuggler_02" to use one of them:
quest_smuggler_02.jpg

The 1.03 ship model "Barrakuda" looks to be a slightly retextured version of stock game "Frigate2". "New Horizons" should be able to do better than that! It already has a few ships imported from the "Gentlemen of Fortune" mod for "City of Abandoned Ships 2". I found one nice looking ship which is too unusual to be a regular gameplay ship but which could work well as a quest ship. Some GoF ships have technical problems which prevented me from importing them, but this wasn't one of them, and a test voyage showed that it works properly. And so I present Barracuda's new ship:
salamander.jpg salamander_close.jpg salamander_stern.jpg salamander_select.jpg

It even has a cabin which you can enter in sailing mode:
salamander_cabin.jpg

Back