• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Whats the card game in AoP CoAS

jokash

Sailor
Is it black jack? I can see winner is closer to 21,but i had two jokers??(strange looking card im assuming its jokers) and they were worth 8.So any help on what version of blackjack is it?

Is it black jack? I can see winner is closer to 21,but i had two jokers??(strange looking card im assuming its jokers) and they were worth 8.So any help on what version of blackjack is it?
17th century, card game is called "21". Slightly different from poker

The card game you're encountering in AoP CoAS is not quite the traditional Blackjack. It's actually a simplified version known as "21." The objective remains the same: get as close to 21 as possible without busting. So, you're on the right track with the similarity to Blackjack.
Now, those jokers you noticed do add a unique twist to the game. In this version, it seems they act as wild cards and carry a value of 8. This means they can be incredibly handy in helping you reach that magic number of 21 or strategically avoid going over.
But hearts has become my go-to card game during these lockdown times. It's a classic trick-taking game that offers a great balance of strategy and relaxation.

Last edited:
Back