• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug What enemy?

Fluen

Freebooter
In Port Royale an English soldier tried to arrest me. But because I'm practically an enemy of all nations by now (except the pirates, but I don't fly a pirate flag), the game engine couldn't decide, what to call me.
I don't know, if it's a solvable issue. I would suggest naming such an enemy of all nations a pirate, but I think, it's beyond my abilities to correct this one.
what enemy.png

The soldier will normally identify your nation by the flag you're currently flying. You're not flying a pirate flag so he won't call you a pirate. You're flying a Personal flag but it would look silly for him to say "... you are under arrest for being a Personal enemy". So the dialog simply calls you "an enemy". The double space is because the dialog would normally say "a <insert nation> enemy" but adds "n ", with an extra trailing space", after "a", and leaves out "<insert nation". But there's also a leading space in the dialog text before " enemy". So the double space can be removed by simply losing the trailing space after the "n".

Additionally, I'll want to check that you're playing in English. Someone using the Spanish translation won't want that extra "n" added!

Back