• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What does that soldier do there?

Fluen

Freebooter
In Bridgetown this one soldier stands right outside the fence around the prison. He wasn't there in the stock PotC game, because in Tales of a Sea Hawk he shares space with one of the men eager to burn the Researcher at the stake. And he has the usual dialogue for the English soldiers.

Hamond Thatcher.png

He's always there, so I thought he was an escapee from a side quest or another storyline. But I can't find any dialogue file with his name (Hamond Thatcher). So is there a reason a soldier just stands around there?

I'm surprised you've even noticed that NPC. xD Unless he's breaking any quests or something, I would just ignore that guy.

Perhaps you've noticed the Naval HQ, located mid way between Yedam Kinne's house and the tailor's shop? There's a soldier to one side of the door. There should be one on each side. Whoever added them presumably thought that locator "goto55" is next to "goto56", which is why one guard is on "goto55". Except that "goto55" is nowhere near the Naval HQ, it's next to the prison fence, and the soldier you've spotted is away from his post. There is no locator to the other side of Naval HQ.

At least, not until now! The attached zip contains both the new locator and a revised version of the character definition which now puts the soldier onto that new locator. The locator should be there next time you go to Bridgetown. The character file won't take effect until you start a new game, so there's also a "console.c" to move the soldier onto the new locator during an existing game.

The soldier's name is randomly assigned during the game, not by his character definition. His dialog files are "Greenford Soldier_dialog.c" and "Greenford Soldier_dialog.h", the same as the other soldiers guarding doors and gates in Bridgetown.

Attachments

• Bridgetown_soldier.zip
    21 KB · Views: 39
I started a new game and went to Bridgetown. And the soldier now stand correctly next to the door to the naval academy. Case solved, thank you.

Back