• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Weights Question?

J Norrington

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hey guys been wondering about the weights and ship holds in AOP2 and how their represented I know it's not in tons.

For example the HMS Victory GOF Version has a hold of 6700 respectively.

The hold on the real HMS Victory is 2142 tons (metric) bm (builders old measurement) or 4,720,968 pounds if i did the math and calculated bm right :read

If cannonballs in GOF (realistic weights enabled) weigh 4 pounds per pack of 20 and if i filled an empty Victory brimming with them I should be able to hold 33,500 cannon balls

As the real HMS Victory had many different weight of cannon I'm going to just use the 42 pounders I'll still use the pack of 20 so the poundage would be 840 pounds and could fill up the victory with 112,400 cannon balls :shock

I am currently working on a trade mod for AOP2 called the East India Company Trading Mod and plan to include a redesigned weight system more stock to trade at the store and a few extra goods to trade or pilfer.

Well my friend, the game uses CWT (Quintal) for weight and I don't think that the game is realistic on such things at all.

Back