• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved weapons change for officers

Ben Coats

Freebooter
my officer Blaze had 1 for personal level up, so i gave him "shootist" for double barrel pistol, it did not change from single pistol to double barrel. tried @ least 4 times, took all his bullets, meds and books to re arm him but it never did, went from cabin to cannon deck, back to cabin, out to sea, back to cabin and the single pistol never changed to double.
start2012-11-0323-20-11-95.jpg

start2012-11-0323-22-02-58.jpg

start2012-11-0323-25-08-47.jpg

The game tends to automatically equip whichever weapons it thinks are best. The pistol you have equipped on him presently is probably "better" than the one that you are trying to equip, according to the game. The only way around that? Try to find a better pistol for him to use. There should be another multi-barreled variety that is more expensive than the one you have now.

that answers that, guess ill just have to wait till he can handle the 4 barrel gun when i unlock his "clever shot" ability. TY :cheers

Or get him killed in a dungeon when you get better officers - and then take the weapon of your desire..... MUAH HA HA HA HA HA! :walkplank

each officer has different PIRATE skills and also different skill levels (top left; top right)
i find for example that my "weak" officers that have no power do not often want to carry armor.
similarly, an officer that has low skill in heavy weapons will ignore a big sword i give him, he will prefer to fight with his fists.
Each one of these guys and girls uses the tools they calculate to be best.
even if we, as Captains,do not agree... :)

I agree have found that if Off. is good with Light give him Light etc. also you can sometimes give them a gun and then give them a pistol and then give them the gun of choice. it works sometimes.

Back