• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Waves around ship

Cap N Peaty 3rd

Landlubber
Ahoy Mates !!

Sailing the Caribbean till wee hours each morn with the V3.1.5 patch.
Never played vanilla so I don't know if this is an issue.
Can the waves surrounding the ship be disabled ?

Thank You.... Lord Fauntleroy

Attachments

• Wave (Small).JPG
    Wave (Small).JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 125
That's weird Mate. :shrug

It doesn't do that in my game. Waveheight is adjustable. I can give you a little spoiler into CMV3.2 and say that Luke159 has spent a great deal of time modifying waves to make them more realistic. The results are fantastic! :onya

I don't know if Luke's wavemod will fix your problem or not. Is anyone else having this issue?

MK

I have this problem with a ATI card when I enable anti aliasing in the catalyst control center, the ship wave is visible through the ship, and from inside. When I disable it the wave is normal, but then the ship rigging looks really bad. Tough choice.

[quote name='Ta'ir' timestamp='1286735797' post='380824']
I have this problem with a ATI card when I enable anti aliasing in the catalyst control center, the ship wave is visible through the ship, and from inside. When I disable it the wave is normal, but then the ship rigging looks really bad. Tough choice.
[/quote]

Thank you for the tip.

The graphics card is a HD4650 agp in my older DFI gaming rig. 
I made the adjustment and the wave is gone.
Forgot about the ATI control center, this is the first game the card has had any trouble with.
All this time looking at that darn wave, Thank you.

Three cheers to the crew for the great mod....!!!... enjoying every minute of it. 

Lord Fauntleroy

Hey mates,
Is this the same issue or is something else? :modding
(the indicator on the left corner just don't work,the ship is not sunken xD: )

untitled (Copy).jpg

That is something else. No model can or barrier can stop the waves of the sea, I'm afraid the only way to prevent that is raising the ship out of the water enough for the wave height to be under the deck.

Back