• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

want all skills at lvl1

mrpirate101

Landlubber
can someone tell me how to get all the personal and ship skills at the start of the game plz, found it once before but cant find it now, there was a post for this but it's really hard to find beens it's not exactly called skills but something completely different

.ps if this is meant to go any where else then could you move it and ty for any help on this

hi pirateman,

look in \RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\abilityDescribe.txt there you find the peeks.

you can insert them in \Program\characters\RPGutility.c in the function initNewMainCharacter()

example:

abilityDescribe.txt

ShipSpeedUp {Increased Naval Speed} <------
perkShipSpeedUp {
Increase maximum ship speed by 15%.
}

Copy ShipSpeedUP and insert it to

RPGutility.c

switch (ch.HeroParam.HeroType)
{

case "Merchant":
ch.perks.list.ShipSpeedUP = "1"; <------
SetSPECIAL(ch, 4,9,5,8,9,3,4); // 42
break;

dont forget to make an backup! ;)

cu

hi pirateman,

look in \RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\abilityDescribe.txt there you find the peeks.

you can insert them in \Program\characters\RPGutility.c in the function initNewMainCharacter()

example:

abilityDescribe.txt

ShipSpeedUp {Increased Naval Speed} <------
perkShipSpeedUp {
}

Copy ShipSpeedUP and insert it to

RPGutility.c

switch (ch.HeroParam.HeroType)
{

case "Merchant":
ch.perks.list.ShipSpeedUP = "1"; <------
SetSPECIAL(ch, 4,9,5,8,9,3,4); // 42
break;

dont forget to make an backup! ;)

cu

is there away to put them in like, for example

increased naval speed and all that one after the other so when i start a game i have all the skills at lvl 1, because you seem to do it differently from what i did

I would be interested in something like this as well, however I am kind of computer illiterate when it comes to programing and might need more detailed instructions on what lines to move and where to move them.

Hello again,

i will try to clear it out a bit....

the file <abilityDescribe.txt> lists all personal and ship abilities/perks with description.

an example:

ShipSpeedUp {Increased Naval Speed} <-- first the in program name, in brackets is the displayed name
perkShipSpeedUp { <-- begin of the descripion with {
} <-- end of the description with }

ShipTurnRateUp {Increased Naval Maneuverability} <-- here begins the next perk
perkShipTurnRateUp {
Increase ship maneuverability by 15%.
}

StormProfessional {Batten the Hatches}
perkStormProfessional {
Decrease storm damage by 30%.
}

First make a search for the perks you want to add at charactergeneration (the program name i call it, as thats the name used by AOP internaly)

<RPGutility.c> controls the generation of your character and some more. In it the funtion: initNewMainCharacter() controls the generation.

An very short introdution to functions:

void initNewMainCharacter() <-- declaration of the function (Variabletype, Name of funtion, in/output in brackets[here empty])
{ <-- beginn of funtion
ref ch = GetMainCharacter(); <-- declaration of a variable inside the function. The <ch> here is important as it stores
. <-- a reference to the playercharacter to create
. <-- the . stands for all the other programming code in this funtion
} <-- end of function

In my old example i included the Increased Ship Speed perk to the merchant charaters only. thats because it stands in the "Merchant part" of the switch statement. (best is you look at the code) :rolleyes:

if you want all your player characters to have these perks do following:
look for these lines of code

ch.skill.freeskill = 0;
ch.Skill.FreeSPECIAL = 0;

After these insert blank lines and then type there following. After that it should look something like this:

ch.skill.freeskill = 0;

ch.perks.list.ShipSpeedUP = "1"; <-- thats the new instructions to activate the perks
ch.perks.list.ShipTurnRateUp = "1";
ch.perks.list.StormProfessional = "1";

sGlobalTemp = "Flag" + NationShortName(sti(pchar.nation));

puh.... so much writing .... i hope you get it.
Hope i cleared it out now... :hmm if not ask further questions...

cu

NW

Hello again,

i will try to clear it out a bit....

the file <abilityDescribe.txt> lists all personal and ship abilities/perks with description.

an example:

ShipSpeedUp {Increased Naval Speed} <-- first the in program name, in brackets is the displayed name
perkShipSpeedUp { <-- begin of the descripion with {
} <-- end of the description with }

ShipTurnRateUp {Increased Naval Maneuverability} <-- here begins the next perk
perkShipTurnRateUp {
Increase ship maneuverability by 15%.
}

StormProfessional {Batten the Hatches}
perkStormProfessional {
Decrease storm damage by 30%.
}

First make a search for the perks you want to add at charactergeneration (the program name i call it, as thats the name used by AOP internaly)

<RPGutility.c> controls the generation of your character and some more. In it the funtion: initNewMainCharacter() controls the generation.

An very short introdution to functions:

void initNewMainCharacter() <-- declaration of the function (Variabletype, Name of funtion, in/output in brackets[here empty])
{ <-- beginn of funtion
ref ch = GetMainCharacter(); <-- declaration of a variable inside the function. The <ch> here is important as it stores
. <-- a reference to the playercharacter to create
. <-- the . stands for all the other programming code in this funtion
} <-- end of function

In my old example i included the Increased Ship Speed perk to the merchant charaters only. thats because it stands in the "Merchant part" of the switch statement. (best is you look at the code) :rolleyes:

if you want all your player characters to have these perks do following:
look for these lines of code

ch.skill.freeskill = 0;

After these insert blank lines and then type there following. After that it should look something like this:

ch.skill.freeskill = 0;

ch.perks.list.ShipSpeedUP = "1"; <-- thats the new instructions to activate the perks
ch.perks.list.ShipTurnRateUp = "1";
ch.perks.list.StormProfessional = "1";

sGlobalTemp = "Flag" + NationShortName(sti(pchar.nation));

puh.... so much writing .... i hope you get it.
Hope i cleared it out now... :hmm if not ask further questions...

cu

NW

tysm that helped alot, you've been a great help :onya

Thank you very much for the help. I get it now.

Sometimes computer programming can seem so alien to me. Computer games are my life and yet I have no idea how to modify them to make them better, because I never was taught how to program. I tried taking classes but was lost and fell behind. In the future it would be better to teach people programming skills when they are young starting even at the elementary level, or to make a laymans language that everyone could understand.

Does anyone know of any good sites or books that teach basic computer programing skills for total noobies?

i'll have a look around around for you, i going into the navy so i need information on stuff like that, or around that area lols. :onya

Back