• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Vox Machinae

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I am going to be so broke in 2015! I have been looking for a good excuse to part out a new box, now I have another one! Ever since I heard about the Oculus Rift a few months ago, I thought it was a neat idea, but probably would never amount to much. I certainly never really considered owning one, until now! Mech Warrior on steroids, Vox Machinae!

Press release :

ANNOUNCEMENT - Vox Machinae - VR Mech combat simulation with emergent narrative

Space Bullet is thrilled to reveal Vox Machinae, a game in which giant robots clobber one another. We've worked hard to bring 31st century combat games into the 21st century with immersive virtual reality, and an engaging solo/coop campaign with a twist. Visit our freshly minted website at http://www.voxmachinae.com for loads of information.

Game Features:
  • Pilot a hulking robot on a wide array of mercenary missions.
  • Explore hostile planets with your computer AI for company.
  • Your actions have a direct effect on the emergent narrative.
  • Immersive physics simulation drives movement as well as ranged and melee combat.
  • Punch things with giant robot fists.
  • Designed with Virtual Reality in mind.
In celebration of this milestone, we've put together a short video about our company and the making of Vox Machinae. You can find it in our press kit, along with screenshots and logos: http://www.voxmachinae.com/press.shtml

Thank you for your interest in Vox Machinae, we hope you will join us in spreading the word about it. We'll be releasing a VR-only version of the prototype to the public on December 15th, so be on the lookout for more info from us then.

From their web page :
Description
Earth's resources have been depleted. People try to migrate to where there is work, but many end up detained in border camps living off what scraps the governments are able to provide. Powerful corporations explore the heavens in search of raw materials. You are one of the lucky few to be a certified pilot, able to take on the distant mining jobs. The rough alien landscapes can only be navigated by enormous walking robots called GDRs or "Grinders". What happens next is up to you.

Features
  • Pilot a hulking robot on a wide array of mercenary missions.
  • Explore hostile planets with your computer AI for company.
  • Your actions have a direct effect on the emergent narrative.
  • Immersive physics simulation drives movement as well as ranged and melee combat.
  • Punch things with giant robot fists.
  • Designed with Virtual Reality in mind. So virtual, so real!

Vox_Machinae_02.gif
Vox_Machinae_03.gif
Vox_Machinae_05_lazers.gif
Vox_Machinae_07_action.gif

action1.jpg
action2.jpg
action3.jpg
action4.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 201
Maybe, but it certainly is no Mech Warrior! :wp

This guy has a bit of a different oppinion ...

Here's what I found about Elite: Dangerous and the Oculus Rift.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...dangerous-amazing-and-impossible-to-describe/

Otherwise, it seems the game will be released tomorrow. However, I didn't find any reviews from video gaming websites o_O
Normally, they test the games a few days before their release...

About the trailer, well it's just a trailer :shrug. I prefer to see a demo to have a better idea of a game.

FYI, they stated on the Allegorithmic forums that they are using 100% Substances for their robot textures. Seems a pretty popular route to go now.

Interesting... When I first saw those screen shots, I thought they were just concept renders, that would explain why they looked a bit different. Now I am really curious to see how this looks in 3D!

I think the look fits quite well, sometimes I think some designers get caught up in trying to appear ultra realistic and it just comes off looking bad.

In the animated gifs, it looks like they are going to try and emulate a realistic motion of a walking mech, there seems to be quite a bit of camera jitter. I am Really looking forward to seeing some live game action, hopefully soon!

Back