• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Voice-Over Artist Wanted!

PiratesAhoy! Community

Commodore
Staff member
Public Relations
How do you like your singing voice?
Or how about your speaking one, at least?
YOU CAN HELP!
And you don't even need to leave the house. ;)

231327555_4521318834546254_6269702193234767130_n.png

Help needed with the English-language dubbing of videos about Sea Dogs and Corsairs Legacy on YouTube.

Requirements: Can you record sound? Can you speak English vaguely sensibly?
Do you have time to really make a difference?

Gain: We'll finally be getting the drop on all those exciting behind-the-scenes mysteries we've always wondered about...

In collaboration with Mauris Studios by @Volodymyr.

Job opening posted to Facebook yesterday:
Voice-Over Artist in Amsterdam ( :rofl ) at PiratesAhoy! Community

The idea is at least to do English voice-overs for these videos:
https://youtube.com/c/SaveThePirate

The scripts already exist.
But the paid artist Mauris hired was not much good.
And so the stream of cool stuff they intended to send our way dried up before it even hardly got started.
They asked for our help.

Veronika of Mauris Studios thinks we need to give applicants this piece of text so that they can do a test voiceover:

"At the time of joining Seaward, I was not involved in programming.
I'd abandoned it for, like, 5 years.
My life situation started to... Our alliance fell apart when a lot of good projects that I was engaged in in the field of programming were gone.
Just on the hardware side too.

I was frustrated, I received an invitation and left to a little different field.
I played games, of course, and when BKM got me – it was the same thing.
I found Seaward, and I got carried away with this business, and slowly I mastered my skills and we started coding.

So. As a result, something somehow began to turn out, a significant thing that could be imagined as, like, a mod for a game,
but some actions on my part were taken in relation to the Akella company to establish contacts so that we, together with it, could get it started."

Here is the first full script: [Eduard Zaitsev (eng)].docx for the interview with @Eddy from Seaward.Ru .
He is the person who gave us the Storm Engine source code back in the days; along with a bunch of Help Files and more Tools!
If anyone has a chance, the English could use some smoothing out...

Veronika is our contact person for this project.
Contacting her in Telegram ( @vegannnnn ) or email ( v(dot)golovach(at)mauris(dot)info ) would be the best and the fastest ways.

As for Terms & Conditions:
We want to find a volunteer, so that the funds that we can potentially spend on the voice acting of the content, redirect to the development of the game :)

if potential candidates want to talk about paid work, they can voice the conditions under which they will be comfortable working. But if we talk about paid work, and not volunteering, then the candidates will have a number of requirements (timing, quality, speech delivery, etc.), which they will have to satisfy

Last edited:
Welcome to @megan_mozg from Mauris Entertainment!
She has joined @Volodymyr on the Corsairs Legacy project.
And to make this clear, I added a "Mauris Studios" group for everyone to see. :doff

Back