• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Vanderdecken

Troenderfury

Landlubber
I have tried to look everywhere for this guy since according to the "Tips&Tricks" he sells awesome ships, but I haven't found him. Can anyone help me?

He lives in an infamous island from the film Pirates of the Caribbean. And to get there, you'll have to find another famous guy first, also seen in the film. :pflag
Try to figure it out from there. ;)

Aargh, stop teasing me :D
Anyways I read in some other thread that he is Isla de Muerta, but I cannot find an isle with that name :rolleyes:

It's an island that cannot be found EXCEPT for those who know where it is. Thus, like I said, you have to find that GUY who knows where it is first. ;) :p

Do I have to do any particular quest to meet said famous person that knows where this isle is?

:no

Go to Tortuga tavern - Talk to a character from the POTC films there. - He gives you special item which makes Isla de Muerta, appear on the world map :yes

Warning - The character is not there if you play the Bartolomeu story.

:cheers

Hehehe :razz I guess you got all the hints you need now mate.
Better start searching for the infamous Hendrick Vanderdecken again if you really are desperate to meet him.:keith:pflag

I'm sorry to ask so much but on my world map I cannot see an isle called Tortuga. I'm playing the Nathaniel Hawk story

If you sail North between Cuba and Hispaniola - Tortuga is the first small island you come to.

In Nat Hawk story it is called La Tortue.

( Island names change depending on the historical name of the island at the time the story is set. )

:cheers

The names changed over time and also because of who owned it at the time. For example Spanish Santo Domingo later became French Saint Domingue.

hmmm... ok revisiting this thread over a decade later lol. So I found the famous character with the fabulous mutton chops which provoke feelings of personal envy... I got the item... I'm now one of the lads who knows where the island is. I went to said island, but there is no shipwreck, only a shore and cavern of which there were two rowboats within (but they don't work) as well as the cursed treasure. So I then went to the buccaneer camp after seeing that mentioned. Still no Vanderdecken. Color me confused! I'm using the latest build if that helps...

There are three shores to be found on the island. One has the rowboats and the cursed treasure; the second has Vanderdecken's shipyard; and the third - ah, but that would spoil the surprise! :p All I'll say about the third shore is, make sure you have a borgiablade... (Or some other poisoned weapon, if you have the 12th January 2014 update.)

No, you need to sail around the island to find them. Three different shores on three different parts of the island.

Back