• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

USS Constitution into AOP CoAS?

craiggbrown

Corsair
Storm Modder
Can anyone help me import the USS constitution into AOP CoAS? They don't have all the files needed as far as I can see. What should I do about the missing files.

Help would would be much appreciated!

I don't know? I put the files where the tutorial (PoTC to AOP CoAS) told me to put them and it did not work! I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is pissing me off! I play around with this game way to much!!! Guess I'll keep trying.

<!--quoteo(post=336122:date=Jul 9 2009, 02:43 AM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 9 2009, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336122"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know? I put the files where the tutorial (PoTC to AOP CoAS) told me to put them and it did not work! I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is pissing me off! I play around with this game way to much!!! Guess I'll keep trying.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Without knowing exactly what you did and how you did it, I cant help you.
I cant very well guess where it went wrong.

On a side note, I got the Constitution ported and working nicely in CoAS.

<!--quoteo(post=336148:date=Jul 8 2009, 09:39 PM:name=Thengill)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thengill @ Jul 8 2009, 09:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=336122:date=Jul 9 2009, 02:43 AM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 9 2009, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336122"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know? I put the files where the tutorial (PoTC to AOP CoAS) told me to put them and it did not work! I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is pissing me off! I play around with this game way to much!!! Guess I'll keep trying.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would really appreciate it if you could show me how or let me have a copy of the data. For instance, I don't know what to do with the missing "Ships_init.c" Data?

<!--quoteo(post=336154:date=Jul 9 2009, 08:17 AM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 9 2009, 08:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336154"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=336148:date=Jul 8 2009, 09:39 PM:name=Thengill)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thengill @ Jul 8 2009, 09:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=336122:date=Jul 9 2009, 02:43 AM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 9 2009, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336122"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know? I put the files where the tutorial (PoTC to AOP CoAS) told me to put them and it did not work! I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is pissing me off! I play around with this game way to much!!! Guess I'll keep trying.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would really appreciate it if you could show me how or let me have a copy of the data. For instance, I don't know what to do with the missing "Ships_init.c" Data?

missing shipsinit.c data?

Ahh i see what your getting at, well potc's and aop's shipsinit.c files are structured a little bit diffrently, the missing data is something you have to copy from an existing ship entry.

I'll just post mine to make it easier.
Just paste that into your shipsinit.c file and change the shipnames to what ever you named yours.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/// Frigate Constitution
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[SHIP_CONSTITUTION]);
refShip.Name = "Constitution";
refship.Soundtype = "frigate";
refShip.Class = 2;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS32;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 32;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(1000);
refShip.Capacity = 3000;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 54;
refShip.rcannon = 26;
refShip.lcannon = 26;
refShip.fcannon = 0;
refShip.bcannon = 2;
refShip.MaxCrew = 400;
refShip.MinCrew = 50;
refShip.BoardingCrew = 200;
refShip.GunnerCrew = 40;
refShip.CannonerCrew = 92;
refShip.SailorCrew = 400;
refShip.SpeedRate = 15.8;
refShip.TurnRate = 36.0;
refShip.Price = 250000;
refShip.HP = 7000;
refShip.SP = 100;
//refShip.AbordageLocation = "Boarding Deck_01";
refship.Type.Merchant = false;
refship.Type.War = true;
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed = 2.0;
refShip.sea_enchantment = 1.2;
refShip.lowpolycrew = 20;
refShip.buildtime = 100;

refship.Rocking.y = 0.4;
refship.Rocking.az = 0.035;
refship.WaterLine = -0.1;

refship.SpeedDependWeight = 0.3;
refship.SubSeaDependWeight = 1.0;
refship.TurnDependWeight = 0.8;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 4.5;//boal
refship.CabinType = "Cabin"; // boal 28.03.05
refship.DeckType = "Big";

refship.InertiaAccelerationX = 5.0; refship.InertiaBrakingX = 5.0;
refship.InertiaAccelerationY = 4; refship.InertiaBrakingY = 4;
refship.InertiaAccelerationZ = 5.0; refship.InertiaBrakingZ = 5.0;

refShip.Height.Bombs.Y = 1.0; refShip.Height.Bombs.DY = 0.5;
refShip.Height.Grapes.Y = 2.0; refShip.Height.Grapes.DY = 1.0;
refShip.Height.Knippels.Y = 10.0; refShip.Height.Knippels.DY = 8.0;
refShip.Height.Balls.Y = 1.0; refShip.Height.Balls.DY = 0.5;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1.vscale = 0.9;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2.vscale = 0.7;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3.vscale = 0.7;

refship.Track.Enable = true;
refship.Track1.ZStart = 0.20;
refship.Track1.LifeTime = 14.5;
refship.Track1.Width = "3.7, 3.9";
refship.Track1.Speed = "7.0, 8.0";

refship.Track2.ZStart = -0.15;
refship.Track2.LifeTime = 8.5;
refship.Track2.Width = "8.0, 9.0";
refship.Track2.Speed = "0.15, 0.25";

When you people upload ships for CoAS, why not include all the code files too?
Then you can install it with WinMerge, making sure not to remove any code you want to keep.
But otherwise it's just going to be too confusing for people who are not familiar with the code.
OR... put all the mods together in one download.

<!--quoteo(post=336165:date=Jul 9 2009, 02:05 AM:name=Pieter Boelen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pieter Boelen @ Jul 9 2009, 02:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336165"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When you people upload ships for CoAS, why not include all the code files too?
Then you can install it with WinMerge, making sure not to remove any code you want to keep.
But otherwise it's just going to be too confusing for people who are not familiar with the code.
OR... put all the mods together in one download.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is a great Idea Pieter! I will post the file info when I am don porting this ship.

Thank you very mush Thengill. The data will help allot. Does anyone have the int.c data for the Surprise and the Interceptor?

<!--quoteo(post=336285:date=Jul 9 2009, 10:38 PM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 9 2009, 10:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336285"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=336165:date=Jul 9 2009, 02:05 AM:name=Pieter Boelen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pieter Boelen @ Jul 9 2009, 02:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336165"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When you people upload ships for CoAS, why not include all the code files too?
OR... put all the mods together in one download.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is a great Idea Pieter! I will post the file info when I am don porting this ship.

Thank you very mush Thengill. The data will help allot. Does anyone have the int.c data for the Surprise and the Interceptor?

Not for the interceptor but did make one for the Suprise.

/edit slapped together one for the interceptor, but I havnt tested it ingame but it should work. (keep in mind that I made her fast some 16 knots max speed, just to keep her true to the name Interceptor.)
The only ships that are faster is the corvette, the pearl and the various quest ships like Sea Wolf, Blue Bird etc.

/// Frigate Surprise
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[SHIP_SURPRISE]);
refShip.Name = "Surprise";
refship.Soundtype = "frigate";
refShip.Class = 2;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS32;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 32;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(1000);
refShip.Capacity = 3600;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 42;
refShip.rcannon = 19;
refShip.lcannon = 19;
refShip.fcannon = 2;
refShip.bcannon = 2;
refShip.MaxCrew = 380;
refShip.MinCrew = 50;
refShip.BoardingCrew = 200;
refShip.GunnerCrew = 40;
refShip.CannonerCrew = 92;
refShip.SailorCrew = 380;
refShip.SpeedRate = 15.8;
refShip.TurnRate = 36.0;
refShip.Price = 250000;
refShip.HP = 5500;
refShip.SP = 100;
//refShip.AbordageLocation = "Boarding Deck_01";
refship.Type.War = true;
refShip.sea_enchantment = 1.2;
refShip.lowpolycrew = 20;
refShip.buildtime = 100;

refship.Rocking.y = 0.4;
refship.Rocking.az = 0.035;
refship.WaterLine = -0.1;

refship.SubSeaDependWeight = 1.0;
refship.TurnDependWeight = 0.8;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 4.5;//boal
refship.CabinType = "Cabin"; // boal 28.03.05
refship.DeckType = "Big";

refship.InertiaAccelerationX = 5.0; refship.InertiaBrakingX = 5.0;
refship.InertiaAccelerationY = 4; refship.InertiaBrakingY = 4;
refship.InertiaAccelerationZ = 5.0; refship.InertiaBrakingZ = 5.0;

refShip.Height.Bombs.Y = 1.0; refShip.Height.Bombs.DY = 0.5;
refShip.Height.Knippels.Y = 10.0; refShip.Height.Knippels.DY = 8.0;
refShip.Height.Balls.Y = 1.0; refShip.Height.Balls.DY = 0.5;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1.vscale = 0.9;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2.vscale = 0.7;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3.vscale = 0.7;

refship.Track1.LifeTime = 14.5;
refship.Track1.Width = "3.7, 3.9";
refship.Track1.Speed = "7.0, 8.0";

refship.Track2.LifeTime = 8.5;
refship.Track2.Width = "8.0, 9.0";

/// Interceptor
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[SHIP_INTERCEPTOR]);
refShip.Name = "Interceptor";
refship.Soundtype = "lugger";
refShip.Class = 4;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS16;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 16;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(400);
refShip.Capacity = 2000;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 18;
refShip.rcannon = 8;
refShip.lcannon = 8;
refShip.fcannon = 0;
refShip.bcannon = 2;
refShip.MaxCrew = 160;
refShip.MinCrew = 29;
refShip.BoardingCrew = 90;
refShip.GunnerCrew = 16;
refShip.CannonerCrew = 32;
refShip.SailorCrew = 160;
refShip.SpeedRate = 16.0;
refShip.TurnRate = 45.0;
refShip.Price = 50000;
refShip.HP = 2700;
refShip.SP = 100;
//refShip.AbordageLocation = "Boarding Deck_02";
refship.Type.War = true;
refShip.sea_enchantment = 1.8;
refShip.lowpolycrew = 12;
refShip.buildtime = 60;

refship.Rocking.y = 0.5;
refship.Rocking.az = 0.04;

refship.WaterLine = 1.0;
refship.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.3;
refship.TurnDependWeight = 0.3;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 3.3;//boal
refship.CabinType = "Cabin_Medium"; // boal 28.03.05

refship.InertiaAccelerationX = 0.2; refship.InertiaBrakingX = 2.0;
refship.InertiaAccelerationY = 12; refship.InertiaBrakingY = 9;
refship.InertiaAccelerationZ = 6.0; refship.InertiaBrakingZ = 4.0;

refShip.Height.Bombs.Y = 1.0; refShip.Height.Bombs.DY = 1.0;
refShip.Height.Knippels.Y = 15.0; refShip.Height.Knippels.DY = 10.0;
refShip.Height.Balls.Y = 1.0; refShip.Height.Balls.DY = 1.0;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2.vscale = 0.8;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3.vscale = 0.8;

refship.Track1.LifeTime = 12;
refship.Track1.Width = "2.0, 3.0";
refship.Track1.Speed = "6.0, 8.0";

refship.Track2.LifeTime = 7.5;
refship.Track2.Width = "4.0, 6.0";

Thank you so much my good sir! you are the man Thengill!

So I don't have to do anything with thes files:

BattleInterface
common.ini
pictures.ini
RPGUtilite.c
ItemsDescribe.txt
HeroDescribe.txt
ShipsDescribe.txt
ships.h

And what about the ".tga.tx" and other textures under "textuures/ships"? All I have is the "gm" files for the MODELS/Ships folder.

<!--quoteo(post=336994:date=Jul 13 2009, 06:57 PM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 13 2009, 06:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336994"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thank you so much my good sir! you are the man Thengill!

So I don't have to do anything with thes files:

BattleInterface
common.ini
pictures.ini
RPGUtilite.c
ItemsDescribe.txt
HeroDescribe.txt
ShipsDescribe.txt
ships.h

And what about the ".tga.tx" and other textures under "textuures/ships"? All I have is the "gm" files for the MODELS/Ships folder.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well you do have to add entries for each ship else their description and type name will be blank, and without refrences in pictures.ini they wont have a picture in the shipyard or on the ship screen, and because of alot of other reasons.

Before we start <b>do not delete any entries (unless you know what the hell you are doing) and always make a backup before editing anything.</b>

I wont do any of the work for you unless its something you really need a tutorial for.

in pictures.ini you should copy the brig and frigate entries and then rename them to interceptor and surprise respectively, since you dont have a picture of those 2 ships the brig and frigate will do just fine for the moment.

in Common.ini you need to add entries for both ships. just look at the other ship entries and copy them then rename them properly, like below.

string = Surprise,"Surprise"
string = SurpriseGen,"Surprise"
string = SurpriseAcc,"Surprise"
string = SurpriseDat,"Surprise"

That tells the game that the surprise ship entry's class is named Surprise and you will be able to see that when you look at Surprise through a spyglass, though you could name the class what ever you want, we will go with calling it Surprise for simplicitys sake.

Same thing with shipdescribe.txt just create an entry and describe the ship anyway you want.
This is pretty straight forward just look at the other ship descriptions then copy one rename it and type which ever description you want.

Ships.h is the most important if you dont tell it exactly how many ships you have in game and number them properly the game wont add them ingame, the game will crash or any other number of unexpected results will ensue.

#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY 40 (Where 40 is the total number of ships you have, starting from 0 to the last ship which is the one right before the fort)
#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY_WITH_FORT 41 // must be (SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY + 1) (Now that means the fort has to be numbered one number above the last ship entry)

To clarify the ship numbered 0 counts as 1 so if your last ship entry is numbered at 39 that means you have 40 ships, and that means that the fort is number 40 make sure to check each ship entry in ships.h to make sure that they are all numbered properly from 0 to the last entry which is the fort, that means 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 etc. etc.

To clarify further some people dont seem to get this right away if you have 40 ships in total ergo the last ship entry is 39 then the fort is number 40 now since the fort is number 40 the line at the top "#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY_WITH_FORT" should read 41.
Now why is that? Well look to the right of the fort line at the top it says ship_types_quantity + 1 that means you add 1 to 40 and since you cant possibly ever have failed math in first grade that means that line should read 41.

(sorry if I'm over explaining this but you have no idea how often I come across people who I have to explain things to more than once, and if I have to explain things more than once I get irritated, if they still dont get it I get mad.) Sorry but thats just the way I am I cannot stand incompetence, character flaw.

In BattleInterface.txt you need to create entries aswell for Surprise just copy the frigate entry and rename it surprise, same with interceptor except you might want to copy the brig entry.

Hmm I may have forgotten something, ahh yes the ShipsUtilities.c in scripts, if you want to be able to buy these ships at the shipyard you have to add entries there.

scroll down untill you see lines like this one " if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_LUGGER), "ship3");"

Those lines tell the shipyard what is available.

now as a header to these lines theres lines like this " if (sti(PChar.rank) > 1)"
This is what determines at what level the ships below will be available, as in rank, it is still randomized.

so what you need to do is create entries for each ship you've added where and at what rank you want them to become available.

like for example heres mine at ranks 12 and up

if (sti(PChar.rank) > 12)
{
iTest_ship = rand(50);
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_FRIGATE), "ship141");
if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_CORVETTE), "ship141");
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SURPRISE), "ship141");
if (iTest_ship == 4) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_BOUSSOLE), "ship141");
if (iTest_ship == 5) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_CONSTITUTION), "ship141");

iTest_ship = rand(70);
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_FRIGATE), "ship151");
if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_PINNACE), "ship151");
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_GALEON_H), "ship151");
if (iTest_ship == 4) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SURPRISE), "ship151");
if (iTest_ship == 5) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_BOUSSOLE), "ship151");
if (iTest_ship == 6) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_CONSTITUTION), "ship151");
}

So all you have to do is pick a rank where you want say Surprise to become buyable, for example at rank 8 and up
so you copy an existing entry and the paste it below the copied entry, lets say the corvette which is

if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_CORVETTE), "ship14");

then you rename it to Surprise and then change the iTest_ship paramater to 3 like I've done below

if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SURPRISE), "ship14");

I dont think I forgot anything, thats all you need to add in order to get the ship working properly.

Ohh forgot one thing, you say you dont have the texture files for the ships?
Ohh dear, ehm well unless the ftp suddenly comes to life you are shit out of luck.

Unless someone can upload them elsewhere, which textures are you missing and for which ship?

First, I have got to thank the hell out of you for your quick reply and for explaining some of the intricacies of ship porting! I knew some but you shed light on those I did not know, thanks. The ships are working thanks to your expert tutelage but they have texture problems.

Second, I don't have any of the textures for weather ships just the Gm files. I guess I'm shit out of luck!

<!--quoteo(post=337040:date=Jul 13 2009, 10:12 PM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 13 2009, 10:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337040"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->First, I have got to thank the hell out of you for your quick reply and for explaining some of the intricacies of ship porting! I knew some but you shed light on those I did not know, thanks. The ships are working thanks to your expert tutelage but they have texture problems.

Second, I don't have any of the textures for weather ships just the Gm files. I guess I'm shit out of luck!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are quite welcome.

Hmm come to think of it both of those ships are in the build mod, you should download that, since you dont need the ftp to get it.
You may need to download the whole thing to get the textures (That means build 13 full + the latest build 14 alpha), just dont install it over the aop folder, that would just f**k things up, install the build mod to a separate folder.

Also if you dont have it already you should get the GMviewer then open the model for Surprise and Interceptor it will tell you which textures they call for and then all you need to do is take the textures you need and copy them to their respective Textures\Ships\*shipname*\Hull1, 2 and 3 folders.

By no means should you replace textures in the texture folder with those from build mod, it will surely create anomalies as the textures while having the same name are diffrent, thats why you should place copies of those textures in the hull1, 2 and 3 folders so as to not accidently replace any stock CoAS textures.

You are right! The files where in the build mod and I was able to use the Interceptor TX file and she looks beautiful! I am trying to weed through all the Tx files because the file structure is not the same and all the Tx files a mish-mashed together in the build mod. I cant use the GM view tool because the I do not have the extraction password. Thanks for he right direction though.

<!--quoteo(post=337086:date=Jul 14 2009, 01:39 AM:name=Craiggo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Craiggo @ Jul 14 2009, 01:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337086"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I cant use the GM view tool because the I do not have the extraction password. Thanks for he right direction though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->GM Viewer is freely available from the <a href="http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=21" target="_blank">Downloads section</a>.
I think the Akella Tools version even misses a file, so you need this one instead.

Check ZarethPL's folder.
You can find some USS Constitution pictures on the New Horizons ModDB page:
<a href="http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images/uss-constitution-wip-pictures1#imagebox" target="_blank">http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/ima...tures1#imagebox</a>

i can't find the FTP to get the HMS Victory which i asked in another forum the USS Constitution can you give me the Down load link to the USS Constitution

Back