• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Update on the Belkin Nostromo N52

Mad_Jack

Patron of the Tarts
Storm Modder
To be sure, she's an unwieldy looking machination. But after reading her well assembled manual, I set about assigning a loadout that corresponds to the key controls for our beloved game. There be 4 shift states to the Nostromo, and that suits well the 4 modes of play of PotC(Land, 1st Person sailing, 3rd Person Sailing, and Map Modes). I'll be happy to publish me loadout to the Mods section if there's enough call for it.

Anyway, the controller, which is a conglomeration of a `10-key` keyboard, mousewheel, and gamepad, is incredibly easy to use. After assigning a configuration loadout to the device, I played PotC for about 2 hours, going through all factets of the game, including `hand-to`-hand combat, as well as `ship-to`-ship.

My response time and success rate skyrocketed! I would have never believed that a USD$35 device would make such a difference, but it does. I highly recommend the Belkin Nostromo N52 to anyone inclined to use it, especially if you enjoy going up against a cave full of skeletons, or a full French (inventors of mayonaisse!) Armada.

If I only had somemore Dubloons (I think that how ye spell it) :cheers

<Arrests Catalina for stealing Skulls loot> :d: :no

Sorry but, its me duty xD::

Har! at be OK Catalina,I'd be gett'n plenty more whar at came from.At least ye didn't steal me rum,'at's what I call a decent pirate :cheers
Nice try Kev but Catalina jest be steal'n loot I'd already stole,kinda ironic ain't it xD: :facepalm

In my current game I am running with about 565 kegs o'rum (looted) on my "cargo galleon"... Heh. I figure to get it up to about 1000 and then go sell it to the smugglers and really clean up! :cheers

Nostromo N52

I have one of these, though it's been collecting dust in the closet for about 2 years. Thanks for reminding me of it!!!

It's a great device but POTC oly has about 5 key commands in any given mode so it's way over kill for this game at least.

I'll upload my loadout this weekend. It works really well, and I think you'll enjoy it! :blah:

Heh... I don't have much control when my wrist is cramped at a 45% angle! :p: I just can't control anything that well with my left hand. When playing `Half-Life` there's a place where you have to jump to the back of the elevator shaft. I probably fell into that damn thing 50 times or more! I was REALLY having fun then... :?

The BIG Xbox controller is the most comfortable and natural feeling controller I've ever used. Now they don't make them anymore! :x

<!--`QuoteBegin-Rico`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rico)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i hate bill gates! :cheers i hate microsoft! :p: i hate xbox![/quote]

Is there any real reason for this? What has he done to you(or any of your loved ones)? I assume you run PotC on a Mac then? Or have Linux running on your PC?

I have never understood all of this unfounded "hatred" for the guy. It all seems like displaced jealousy of some sort.

The guy just got sued for "monopoly" practices by some council in Europe for $600mil (granted.. a drop in the bucket for him, but it's the principle of the thing). And it had something to do with the fact that you had to have Windows to use the Windows Media Player!!! duh! Is that amazingly stupid or what!?!?

Anyway.. maybe I'm a bit more `take-my`-`ball-and`-`go-homish` than Gates, but if that happened to me, I would pull out of Europe all together. He can afford it for a while. Just say.. "ok.. no more computers sold in Europe will have any Windows software." And wait for them to come crawling back. I'm sure the wait wouldn't be long. Probably right after the announcement actually. (heh... uh.. Mr. Gates, we were just kidding..ya know.. heh....) That's what I think all of this monopoly bullcrap is. Governments have realised that MicroSoft has become as important to everyday life as the governments themselves, and feel they have to put them in their place.

One more thing on Gates and I'll step down from the soapbox here. No one person has so totally affected the world so quickly since Adolf Hitler. Where Hitler attempted genocide and threw the entire world into war, Gates has set the entire world on course to a technologically advanced future. I understand the hatred of Adolf... can someone explain the hatred towards Bill?

Well, Bill and his billions can get along, for all I care. It has no bearing on me at the end of the day.

I just need to know how the hell I'm supposed to upload files to the Mods section. I can't find any information. :cheers:

Because, of course, he's tried at points to _not_ set the world on _that_ course, but set the world on the course of increasing technology...as long as Microsoft owns it.

But this is really neither here nor there for talking about a game controller and POTC. :?

Righto, Nathan. :)

And since I've brushed up on me remedial PA! reading, I'll be uploading that controller loadout today. :facepalm

A bloody wonderful thing, freewill is.

For those of you who are so inclined, I've uploaded the profile to the FTP site, and it should be available later today in the Mods section.

Enjoy! :facepalm

Back