• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unable to berth ships.

Odieman

Powder Monkey
Is the Ship berthing feature broken? Ive tried many times now to berth a ship at sao gorge at grenada, and a couple of other places, but each time I press close window at the end of it the game crashes. Is there a workaround/solution, or certain something special I need to do in order for it to work?

There's an attempted partial fix in Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 2... :?

There's an attempted partial fix in Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 2... :?

Hmm ok, well I have patch 2 installed, so apparantly it doesnt work for me :p.

By the by, I seem to be unable to activate the Captain Eduardo Villanueva sidequest. It actually got activated once, as in that Chevalle went to the tavern, altough no one was there. So I reloaded a save and I cant seem to activate it.

By the by, I seem to be unable to activate the Captain Eduardo Villanueva sidequest. It actually got activated once, as in that Chevalle went to the tavern, altough no one was there. So I reloaded a save and I cant seem to activate it.

There is a problem (bug) here. Chevalle goes to the tavern, you are supposed to follow and talk to the tavern keeper who will tell you where to go, however the tavernkeeper's dialogue is missing.

So, if you go talk to the tavernkeeper, ( ask him anything ) then go to the brothel (opium den upstairs) Chevalle & Villanueva should be there and you should be able to continue the quest. ;)

Indeed that is how you activate it (make sure Chevalle is your officer when entering Tortuga as well)

Pieter has fixed the barman's problem and will be in the next patch ;)

Indeed that is how you activate it (make sure Chevalle is your officer when entering Tortuga as well)

Pieter has fixed the barman's problem and will be in the next patch ;)

Thanks yeah I did as you said and I found him so yet again thanks :).

However now as I have played alot on the Jack sparrow story, I tried the Bartolomeu story, but at the part where I am supposed to go to tortuga in pursuit of the pirate (I am supposed to find the english pirate, Francois or an aquaintence), I dont get any update. And I have been to the tavern/store/Shipyard, townhall, and even the prison and asked various people but cant find any. Is it the same with this quest? That the tavern keeper is missing dialogue?

No, it's not the same problem. The person you need is walking around in the port. Talk to the people there.

No, it's not the same problem. The person you need is walking around in the port. Talk to the people there.

Yeah found him after posting my last post. I had tried to talk to him lots of times, but it worked in the end. However I now have a new problem. Riviera just stole my ship, and Ive been borrowed a ketch, but now I dont have any quests. In my last quest it says I should go to puerto rico, since there are lots of gallions off the coast, I walked around town and talked to several people, and went to several places, and nothing happened. So I did what the quest said I boarded a gallion with the ketch. I tried going back to eugene and return the ketch, but he is not there anymore.

So what do I do : /?

You're supposed to capture a certain light galeon that's off the coast of Puerto Rico, if I recall.

You're supposed to capture a certain light galeon that's off the coast of Puerto Rico, if I recall.

And then what?

First I captured a 30 galeon off the coast, tried to return the ketch but eugene wasnt there, and nothing else happened. So I captured another galleon this time a Royal galleon, and let the 30 gun galleon sink, still nothing happened. Then I did what you said I captured a light galleon, which was in the Puerto rico harbour, this time I captured it with my ketch having sold the other galleon, still nothing happens, and I cant return to eugene because he isnt there. :modding . I was beginning to love playing bartholomeu untill this thing came along :( .

You should capture the 'Anaconda'. You should get a quest update, saying you should go to Jamaica/Port Royale afterwards.

You should capture the 'Anaconda'. You should get a quest update, saying you should go to Jamaica/Port Royale afterwards.

Yeah that was the ship I captured, however I tried again without having captured any galleons and got the update was about to say I figured it out, but you beat me to it, thanks alot anyway :D.

Back