• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ubisoft Caves on Draconian DRM!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Rock, Paper, Shotgun is reporting that after much PC gamer feedback(outrage?) over their "always on" and limited install DRM, Ubisoft has dropped both requirements and from now on will only require a one time connection to their servers to register their games. After that, PC gamers will be free to play the game any time they want whether they are connected to the internet or not. According to the article, Ubisoft actually did this "months ago", but only just decided to announce it. Interesting timing to say the least, just after their latest bit of DRM had a pretty nasty hole in it. Corporate PR will never change. You can read the full article over at RPS HERE!!

Attachments

• Ubisoft.png
    Ubisoft.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 24
Then why do I still have to log in to Uplay when I want to play Assassin's Creed II? I registered the bloody thing more than a year ago. Typical Ubi doublespeak. They fed me the same crap when I was thinking on buying ACII, and literally told me by email that I NEVER needed an internet connection to play the game.

Yeah, I figured it was typical corporate BS. They will never be happy until all PC gamers are all playing on nice little controllable consoles so they can tell us exactly what we can do, when we can do it, and the reasons we are allowed to do it. Anno 1404 was the last Ubisoft game I will ever buy. I will be purchasing quite a few DRM free games from Indie developers though, there have been quite a few fantastic games coming out lately! :onya

Back