• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Two mod requests

Kingsrevenge

Landlubber
After a hellish battle that cost me a corvette and a heavy galleon i managed using a warship to CAPTURE the flying Dutchman, all excited that i have the most badass looking ship in the Caribbean i took it for repairs (the ship had no masts and extensive hull damage). So returning to the ship i noticed that the sails looked like a normal ships sails and not like a ghost ships. So now i have a ghost ship that looks like it was sunken for years and sails that look like i bought them yesterday, the appearance isn't nice and i would really like to see ghost sails for my ghost ship.

Mod Request 1: Can a moder create ghost ship sails for the flying Dutchman please?

Mod Request 2: Can a moder create a Barbosa main player?

I'm curious why the Dutchman's sails changed to begin with, I remember having to fight it with tattered black sails. I don't see why they would've changed it after it's changed hands.

I'm curious why the Dutchman's sails changed to begin with, I remember having to fight it with tattered black sails. I don't see why they would've changed it after it's changed hands.

While fighting with the ship i completely took down its masts and sails but i dont think that has anything to do with it.

While fighting with the ship i completely took down its masts and sails but i dont think that has anything to do with it.
Wait, what? The fact that you had to put new sails on the ship has nothing to do with the fact that the ship's sails look new? xD:

Wait, what? The fact that you had to put new sails on the ship has nothing to do with the fact that the ship's sails look new? xD:

The original flying Dutchman ship has black tattered sails, if you repair the sails they shouldn't change to white normal ones that is what i am trying to say (sorry English isn't my native language and i make mistakes some times. What i am trying to say is that i would like the ships sails to be in an excellent condition and look tattered since its a ghost ship.

The PotC Build Mod also has (two) versions of the Flying Dutchman, we also have some unique sails
- Black Pearl (Barbossa)
- Black Pearl (Sparrow)
- Flying Dutchman (Jones)
- Flying Dutchman (Turner)

The Dutchman sails are green with the Jones version looking more seaweedy, Turner's version are normal(ish) sails with a green texture.

I'm not a ship editor but it might be possible to take the sails from the Build Mod and put them in CoAS ;)

The sails are the only difference between the Pearl's ;)

As for putting them in CoAS I think someone is doing/done this in the CMP :D

Hey guys have very good news :D

I have CoAS and my first bit of modding testing was to put the Dutchman sails in game and the result is:

Dutchman sails.JPG

Cursed lugger! :rofl
And do you know what I see...? CoAS doesn't have ensigns! :razz

good job, will you upload it somewhere for us to download?
It is seriously one file and one line in ships_init.c (new game required)

It's easy, open: PROGRAM/SHIPS/Ships_init.c

Go down to Flyingdutchman
find the line:
Code:
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_common_torn.tga";
and swap it with
Code:
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_dutchman2.tga";

And add the file from the attached file to RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/

Start a new game and when you take the Dutchman it will have those sails ;)

Attachments

• sail_dutchman2.tga.rar
    225.4 KB · Views: 155
good job, will you upload it somewhere for us to download?
It is seriously one file and one line in ships_init.c (new game required)

It's easy, open: PROGRAM/SHIPS/Ships_init.c

Go down to Flyingdutchman
find the line:
Code:
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_common_torn.tga";
and swap it with
Code:
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_dutchman2.tga";

And add the file from the attached file to RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/

Start a new game and when you take the Dutchman it will have those sails ;)

Thanks m8, great job :onya

Back