• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Two guys in house (isabella quest)

dzelzskalejs

Landlubber
Hey ho there!
I have ""small"" problem here:
I enter house in Portobello and there are those two guys attacking me after short conversation. Each of them have mortars to shoot at me and even if im not one shot, they have heavy axes to cut me down with two swings. And if i manage somehow find position to fight one and even kill him, im out of energy and there's no chance to stand against other guy and his mortar. 99 ways of 100 i got instantly killed after conversation. Whats the idea behind this??? To return when ill be lvl20 (im lvl 11 by now) ?
I am playing on Admiral difficulty, but so far i have no problems with any other quests.
Well it seems absolutely untested for me (this fight with two guys), game gave them best weapons by default on such dificullty level or what? If ill leave Portobello and go do other adventures will that lady wait for me and stay on my ship or it is another time limited quest? And if ill return as lvl 20 , will those guys be the same or they'll be lvl 40 or so then?

Hey ho there!
I have ""small"" problem here:
I enter house in Portobello and there are those two guys attacking me after short conversation. Each of them have mortars to shoot at me and even if im not one shot, they have heavy axes to cut me down with two swings. And if i manage somehow find position to fight one and even kill him, im out of energy and there's no chance to stand against other guy and his mortar. 99 ways of 100 i got instantly killed after conversation. Whats the idea behind this??? To return when ill be lvl20 (im lvl 11 by now) ?
I am playing on Admiral difficulty, but so far i have no problems with any other quests.
Well it seems absolutely untested for me (this fight with two guys), game gave them best weapons by default on such dificullty level or what? If ill leave Portobello and go do other adventures will that lady wait for me and stay on my ship or it is another time limited quest? And if ill return as lvl 20 , will those guys be the same or they'll be lvl 40 or so then?

No way to kill them before getting some good armor and damage reduction perks. I would advise doign this quest at 25+ lvl.
Or you can cheat of course.

Most quest in the game are intended for lvl 25-30 but unfortunately no one tells you about this:-(

Yeah, this game has some SEVERE balance issues. If you absolutely have to do this quest right now, you can savescum. When you reload a game you saved during combat, you start with your weapon drawn but enemies start with theirs sheathed, allowing you to get one or two hits in. You might as well just cheat, though.
Also, this quest is only going to get harder, so as Handel says, leave it and come back when you've levelled up some.

You can also try to get the soldiers to help though it can be tricky. What you an do is let them see you and run to the nearest soldier. Stand behind him and let the bad guys take swings at you, if your lucky they will hit the soldier and he and the rest of the guards will react. Since guards for the most part respawn to no end, eventually they will kill the two thugs for you.

You can also try to get the soldiers to help though it can be tricky. What you an do is let them see you and run to the nearest soldier. Stand behind him and let the bad guys take swings at you, if your lucky they will hit the soldier and he and the rest of the guards will react. Since guards for the most part respawn to no end, eventually they will kill the two thugs for you.

In the house?

Ah, see I thought he was talking about the thugs outside the house, inside you're pretty much stuck.

Cain't jus' run outta de house from dem fellers?!
poet.gif

Cain't jus' run outta de house from dem fellers?!
poet.gif

No because the "thugs" inside the house are actully two Spanish soldiers and officer there to arrest you :razz

No they are thugs undeed and at first they take you for the captain of the brig with the many names and give you some info but attack you when you tell them you are going to kill them (or such). And you cannot get out of the house because in all such encounters the door remains locked.

And you cannot get out of the house because in all such encounters the door remains locked.

And the fighters you hired precisely so that you wouldn't have to fight on your own are nowhere to be seen.

Yes, I know I keep whining about that. That's because it keeps annoying me pissing me off like you wouldn't believe. :urgh

There has to be a way to mod that so they join you in the house assuming they survive the two thugs outside.

Back