• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Trouble Shooting minor issue. Thanks!

Drew Long

Sailor Apprentice
Down loaded installed all Three Mod/Patches, did 1.0-1.1-1.2. I started the game without hitting the restore defaults config option as recommended, and I have No sense of movement at sea, like was in harbor fight and for 45 minutes, we were still in visual range of the same area we started the fight in. Ground wise or ocean wise there is no sense of motion, which drove me up the wall.

Secondly, this game is horrid control wise, I will say your mod made them better. The thing is I guess im used to Sids Pirates and others were the cannon interaction is more strategical, more or less saying that i want control of firing them lol.

I appreciate your efforts and so the 2 different mods you do are the same with the 1.2 as mentioned above being the more stacking upon success part?

Couple of questions for you:

Did you start the game as Peter Blood? If so, you are in a ship that is far too high above your skill level and it will affect your abilities. hire a junk officer and put that 2nd rate in storage at port controller and buy yourself a more suitable ship of the 6th or 7th class.
if not, then:
Did you hire more crew for your ship from the Tavern? When you start a game you only have a very small crew. Even with a full crew you have a very low skill set and your crew is probably not very skilled so it will take some time to get them up to speed.

To control your cannon shots personally, you can hit the "tab" button and go into first person mode on your ship. you will then see the firing reticle and you can aim your shots how you feel they would be most effective.

Also, you can hit the "restore defaults" at any time. You do not have to just do it at the very beginning. I have done htis many times if I make some changes and it messes up my key mappings.

Hope this helps you some. The learning curve on this game is pretty sttep, but it is well worth it. Personally, I enjoy the more realistic ship vs ship combat of the Akella games versus Sid's game and even PotBS.

Also, take a look at this thread: http://piratesahoy.net/threads/the-tips-thread.13787/

It should help you out some.

No, all if not most of the characters start off in that little skiff looking boat, which concerns me lol. So I always buy a bigger boat. I love the strategy of this game, what would really help me is a Keymap list i noticed that there is no key for shooting your gun any more after mod install and no list of any real set of key bindings or manual in regards to the immense depth of the mod.

No, all if not most of the characters start off in that little skiff looking boat, which concerns me lol. So I always buy a bigger boat. I love the strategy of this game, what would really help me is a Keymap list i noticed that there is no key for shooting your gun any more after mod install and no list of any real set of key bindings or manual in regards to the immense depth of the mod.
Hit the Escape key and go to options. On the right hand side there are 4 tabs for all the different key maps. land, land fighting, 3rd person sea nd 1st person sea. (If I remember correctly).

Default for shooting cannons is the left mouse button in either case.

Ok got the controls issue resolved, thanks for your help! I forgot to scroll down farther in the menu to see them, so thats me being a noob, lol. What other mods besides the complete mod do you guys run? I love this one but I saw Storm tabs and was just curious. Thanks for your time!

Back