• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trinity, Postillionen and more

SeaNorris.

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

I recently contacted Remus77 the creator of the Trinity 2nd rate to ask could we use his work in the build mods and he has agreed to not only let us use the Trinity but his other work such as the Postillionen and the 52gun San Fernando and others. The Trinity will not be the version that FLS modified by scaling it down to be smaller than the first rates but the original to the correct dimensions, I for one can't wait to see these ships in the build mods as it would be amazing to finally walk on the decks of these ships:)

Regards,

Great! Really great! I like a lot the Postillionen, she was the first ship that i commanded in potbs.
For the converting etc how should we do? Do he want to convert them or sends the model to me or another modder? Anyway i'll send you a pm with my email address...

Wooah! You got the permission to make the trinity? :woot SWEET! You have no idea how much that leaves me all warm and fuzzy inside. It looks like my prayers have been answered. I had a trinity on potbs and I've wanted her back ever since FLS decided to remove the recipies for them in august of last year. SeaNorris You are my new hero! :bow Please keep me informed on your progress on this. Thanks.

Great new Seanoris. These would be a fabulous addition to both PoTC and CoAS!
william.gif

Indeed. :yes The late Trinity, the good ole Postillionen frigate as well as the San Fernadino. :piratesahoy!

Just out of curiousity what did FLS call the San Fernadino again?

Anyhow when do you guys plan to get started on these wonderful additions to the build mod?

These new ships coupled with Jack Harrison and Experienced Captain's Surprise, Poseidon, and Raa we have the makings of another really nice new ship pack here. :onya

Be sure to give Remus77 as well as the creator of the poseidon and raa thanks guys.

These new ships coupled with Jack Harrison and Experienced Captain's Surprise, Poseidon, and Raa we have the makings of another really nice new ship pack here. :onya
I hadn't thought of that... good point! :woot

You guys could make a PotBS ship pack which I'd think would be kinda cool. :cheers

That would really be worth something.

How long do you guys think it would take to get Remus77's awsome wares PotC/CoAS ready?

How long do you guys think it would take to get Remus77's awsome wares PotC/CoAS ready?
Well that depends on who is able to work on them, and how much free time they have.
But also it depends on how much of the ship needs changing (e.g. which locators need to be made etc.)
Besides, have they even been uploaded, yet? If so, could someone give a link?

This stuff is surely still in the discussion stages but I'm certainly exited about the future of the build mod as far as new ships go. :yes

Hi,

Remus has told me it will take him some time to consolidate his work as there is a lot for him to go through:)

Once we have them I will let you know.

Regards,

No rush mate. :) I'm just thrilled with the prospect of sailing my flagship once again in the near future. :piratesahoy!

Still not heard from him yet unfortunately but I will keep trying:) However I currently discussing with some other model creators to gain permission to use their work and I have so far gained permission from Kris Wood and LiMuBeI. LiM was kind enough to send me the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde straight away but the Pommern (Hercules) was a group effort so I am asking each person involved permission to use it before we get the files for it. The Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde is in my folder and since it's a Maya file I can't open it to have look.

Regards,

Does the file need to be in a different format? I am not sure what files Maya can export to, let me know what file type might work and I will ask LiMuBeI to supply a different file format.

Regards,

Nice, but the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde file is wrong. :eek:k

[attachment=5982:Fehler.jpg]

Hi,
Yes it opens no problem with Maya 2009.
If you've tried parenting the meshes to a locator it wont let you do it....but if you look at the stern there are rudder ropes with the metal parts.....separate the metal parts, now you can proceed to export as obj,(5 wont read the MB file from 9),... then open in Maya 5.
I've had it in 3dsMax 9 imported as obj. ....gun ports are all messed up though.....in Maya 5 it's a clean job barring the extra mesh copies that need deleting.

damski

Back