• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Treasure Quests -Questbook fix ( temporary)

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
The attached file will fix most of the locations not showing in the questbook for the random Treasure Quests.

I have removed the #sseashore# and #sdestination# from the file & replaced them with ordinary text. Since the locations names should not be affected by the Period Mod.

The #sisland# is still there and so it may not show - or show incorrectly.

See this post for More details on this problem --->> http://forum.pirates...post__p__419553

Most of the texts should now tell you where to go as intended.

The file goes in RESOURCE \ INI \ TEXTS \ ENGLISH \ QUESTBOOK

Rename the original file - Do NOT overwrite it ( it can be kept for when someone gets the #sseashore# and #sdestination# to work correctly )

EDIT:- You need to start a New Game for it to take affect.

treas1.gif

Attachments

• treasure.txt
    1 KB · Views: 77
Thank you! :bow This has been needed for years and is something everyone needs to get. :cheers

I finally got a treasure quest last night, and the text shows up properly. :onya The only problem is that I got the treasure quest that sends you to Sand Bluff on Cayman, and the cave for that one has never opened up for me in the past. :facepalm

Back