• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Treasure Quests lead to empty chests!

Kpax7

Shamshir in the Dark!
Storm Modder
Using Build 14 Beta 3.4
I don't know if it's been fixed in newer builds. Still reporting ...

All treasure side quests lead to enormous pirate fighting and after all of that you find an empty chest after digging!
un2.png
uni5.png

What level of luck do you have? If you have a low level of luck (less than 4), then it is normal that you get less chance of finding a treasure in those quests.

There is also something which I call "Zone of luck", which is an interval of money in which you can get more luck to find full treasure quests (Normally it ranges between 25,000 and 45,000 gold).

Interesting feature is that today, I did a treasure quest with just paying less than 500 gold (I had level 7 of luck in that moment). I expected the chest being empty or finding pirates there, but miracously, it was full of jewels and objects. The profit of that treasure was around 4.250,000 gold. So... Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not xD

What level of luck do you have? If you have a low level of luck (less than 4), then it is normal that you get less chance of finding a treasure in those quests.
I have Luck Level 8 !! I already tried 2-3 quest with a heavy casualty and got nothing!

There is also something which I call "Zone of luck", which is an interval of money in which you can get more luck to find full treasure quests (Normally it ranges between 25,000 and 45,000 gold).
I tried with almost no money (4000 gold) and with around 1,000,000 gold. Both failed!

Interesting feature is that today, I did a treasure quest with just paying less than 500 gold (I had level 7 of luck in that moment). I expected the chest being empty or finding pirates there, but miracously, it was full of jewels and objects. The profit of that treasure was around 4.250,000 gold. So... Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not xD
Unbelievable! So it's normal to get nothing after some try!
I don't know how you get past all those pirates! They are unbeatable!

Sometimes there is treasure in the chests and sometimes there isn't.
Even with Luck 10 there is still a chance of it being a dud.

All the relevant code is in PROGRAM\MAXIMUS_functions.c; search for the GenerateTreasureQuest() function if you want to have a look through it.
It is fairly straightforward.

Well Thanks! I look into it :)
But still the chance is minimum I think because I found nothing after 2-3 tries :) I thought it must be bug lol

The chance is:
Code:
if( Calc_luck > rand(11) )
Calc_luck is your luck skill and rand(11) can return any number starting from and including 0 up to and including 11.
So with a luck skill of 8, you should have a 70% average chance to find treasure.

The chance is:
Code:
if( Calc_luck > rand(11) )
Calc_luck is your luck skill and rand(11) can return any number starting from and including 0 up to and including 11.
So with a luck skill of 8, you should have a 70% average chance to find treasure.
Perfectly answered! Thanks for your time and effort to find the code and for your nice explanation!
So I've been DAMN unlucky to not find a treasure with 70% chance LOL

Perfectly answered! Thanks for your time and effort to find the code and for your nice explanation!
I rewrote that code quite a while back because there was an error on that particular line of code. So it didn't take long to find. ;)

Back