• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Trading (at a profit)

I'm always positive to more hints and explanations ingame, especially for the more complex systems that arent immediately obvious like what affects prices other than import-export :sail I would volunteer to add some more tutorialising cuz writing is fun, but I'm still not 100% sure of how it works :p

An other hint is to concentrate on the main markets (read: the settlements with the highest amounts in stockpiled goods). They have like six or more times the amounts of goods available. Prices there consequently shift much slower, which gives the smart trader more leeway when buying or selling bigger quantities.

For this reason it is always good to be cool with the Spaniards. They typically conrol some of the by far biggest markets.

Indeed. If you are using the big ships then the large colonies are all that you can successfully trade with as the small colonies often do not have enough goods to fill up the holds in even one ship. I enjoy visiting the small colonies so sail small ships.

There are some very lucrative trade routes between certain Spanish and French colonies so it is a good idea to play nice with them early on.

Back