• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Totem problem in Tenoctitlan quest

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
I was doing the tenochtitlan quest the other day (I think the skull sucks, but you have to do it to get the shotgun later) and I encountered a problem where after I kill the natives in some of the rooms, I can't place the totem in the center of the room. It doesn't even give me the little hand icon or anything. This happened in 3 of the ten rooms. I haven't started a new game yet to see if it happens again, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do? I really don't want to start over. That savegame has 4 arabella frigates and all unique officers.

Haven't played in over a month(no time), but had the same issue. My game was also awesome, so didn't want to start a new one, so I left to try to find the brig Queen or do the next leg of the Morgan quest so I could do Governors quests again. My hope was that after I completed a couple other quests I could come back and the totems would work. Hope is not a method I know, but there it is.

MK

MK, did you try to go for a swim to get the obsidian knife BEFORE you went to the temple proper? That's what I did. It wasn't there, which is how I know you have to do the quest before you can get the shotgun, but moreimportantly, There's a possibility that could be the cause of the bug.

are you shure you had all totems found? maybe one or two...maybe more didn't appear in your game. you can compare your totems with the ones written in the walkthrough. if you can't find or buy one (in teno you can find also some) you have to cheat them in your game.

I had ten totems, and all were different. That's all I need, right? Though I did go to every listed place in the gameworld looking for totems (because I didn't want to get rid of all my totems with buffs) and almost none of them were there.

I went for a swim through both mazes. The stone box at the end of the one side was empty, but the other had another totem. I never found an obsidian knife. Now I want to go back and look again.

I have too much work. I'm worried if I get sucked back into the game, that's all I'll do for days. I'm waiting till I have a few days open.

MK

I had ten totems, and all were different. That's all I need, right? Though I did go to every listed place in the gameworld looking for totems (because I didn't want to get rid of all my totems with buffs) and almost none of them were there.

Make sure that all your totems are the right ones-giving you stat boost, the ones that don`t are useless-they only needed to disable the fire trap on the bridge(i think theres 3 of them)
Alternatively u can download the mod which allows u to buy the totems at any merchant.

Hold on a second...I think I`ve seen this bug u mentioned somewhere before...I guess its worth checking the other threads in gameplay and tips for coas.

Make sure that all your totems are the right ones-giving you stat boost, the ones that don`t are useless-they only needed to disable the fire trap on the bridge(i think theres 3 of them)
Alternatively u can download the mod which allows u to buy the totems at any merchant.

<snip>
Aye, Greyfoot prolly be in de right o' it, matey!
icon_wink.gif

Ol' Fred Bob had him one totem dat just would not place in de Temple!
modding.gif

Turned out dat one 'twas an extry fer de Bridge!
mybad.gif

Recall thar be 3 fer de Bridge, but dependin' on how's ye use dem, ye mighta only use two o' dem!
huh.gif

So's Fred Bob went an' visited pert near ALL de Merchants until he finally be findin' de right Totem!
poet.gif

Well that is good to know. So I only need to find two other buffed totems. I can run through the fire and come out alive, so no trouble there. I have buttloads of potions.

I can't seem to find that mod that makes all the totems available in the shop. I looked in every page of the coas mods section. Can I get a link please?

Well that is good to know. So I only need to find two other buffed totems. I can run through the fire and come out alive, so no trouble there. I have buttloads of potions.

I can't seem to find that mod that makes all the totems available in the shop. I looked in every page of the coas mods section. Can I get a link please?

yeah...some modthreads are LOST...

but you can make it yourself:
open ...Age of Pirates 2\PROGRAM\scripts\utils.c (with a texteditor like notepad)
go to line 481 ( or search for this: if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_1")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_1", 1); )
and insert this abouve:

TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_1", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_2", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_3", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_4", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_5", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_6", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_7", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_8", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_9", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_10", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_13", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_14", 1);

now every merchant will sell you all 14 totems.

Ah, very cool. A hold full of thanks. :)

That section of my utils.c file now looks like this:

// boal 270904 êàðòû -->
irand = rand(9);
if (irand == 1) { TakeNItems(ch,"map_bad", 1);}
irand = rand(16);
if (irand == 1 && makeint(pchar.rank) >=3) { TakeNItems(ch,"map_normal", 1);}
irand = rand(20);
if (irand == 1 && makeint(pchar.rank) >=8) { TakeNItems(ch,"map_good", 1);}

irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_jam", 1);}
irand = rand(39);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_cayman", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_barbados", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_trinidad", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_Curacao", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_martiniqua", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_dominica", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_puerto", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_cuba", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_hisp", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_nevis", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_guad", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_antigua", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_TORTUGA", 1);}
irand = rand(39);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_terks", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_sm", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_bermudas", 1);}
irand = rand(39);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_Pearl", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_beliz", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_santa", 1);}
irand = rand(39);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_maine_1", 1);}
irand = rand(39);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_maine_2", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_panama", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_maracaibo", 1);}
irand = rand(19);
if (irand == 2) {TakeNItems(ch,"map_cumana", 1);}
// boal 270904 êàðòû <--
//òîòåìû
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_1", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_2", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_3", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_4", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_5", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_6", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_7", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_8", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_9", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_10", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_13", 1);
TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_14", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_1")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_1", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_2")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_2", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_3")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_3", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_4")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_4", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_5")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_5", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_6")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_6", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_7")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_7", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_8")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_8", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_9")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_9", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_10")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_10", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_13")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_13", 1);
if (rand(200) == 1 && !CheckMainHeroTotem("Totem_14")) TakeNItems(ch,"Totem_14", 1);
}

string PlaceCharacter(aref ch, string group, string location) //boal change
{ // location = "random" "random_free" è "random_must_be" - äîëæåí áûòü, äàæå åñëè âñå çàíÿòî random_must_be_near - ðÿäîì
float locx;
float locy;
float locz;
string homelocator;
bool ok;

Is this correct?

It must have been correct, because the totems were in the shop.

Sadly, after doing the quest, I still couldn't get the obsidian knife. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but after swimming through the maze it wasn't there. I even checked the other maze.

Sadly, after doing the quest, I still couldn't get the obsidian knife. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but after swimming through the maze it wasn't there. I even checked the other maze.

mhh...don't know where this knife is...think it was somewhere in the temple...if my memorys are right itis before you fight against this god..i think in the chest there....but i'm not shure....the knife could although be in one of the chests in this big room where the inka god is...think it's normal that you can't open all chest there...but it's long time ago that i was there

mhh...don't know where this knife is...think it was somewhere in the temple...if my memorys are right itis before you fight against this god..i think in the chest there....but i'm not shure....the knife could although be in one of the chests in this big room where the inka god is...think it's normal that you can't open all chest there...but it's long time ago that i was there
Yeah, it's in the room where you fought the Aztec God. Left of the stairs there's a platform, where you need to insert the totem you found at the chest, after the the maze. Then go past the stairs from the left side, at the end is the chest with the obsidian knife.

Back