• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

toff oremans quest no longer works

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
the pirate captain who kidnapped the girl no longer shows up on his ship. in fact, his officer is no longer there either. could this have something to do with the fix for the boarding bug? if this is the case, it might just have something to do with the naming of locators there. the quest uses the deck model that looks like a damaged corvette.

could this have something to do with the fix for the boarding bug? if this is the case, it might just have something to do with the naming of locators there. the quest uses the deck model that looks like a damaged corvette.

Probably yes :modding

Do you have a system or compile log showing which locators are missing - and I will try and put them back

I may just as well put all the lcoators that I renamed back - though it will probably mean having 2 locators of different types in the same place.

log files have never showed up in my game. doesn't matter if i've got them turned on or not. it's one of those installation quirks, like my screenshots never showing anything either. so the only way to find out which ones you need would be to look it up in the quest reactions file, unless someone else gives it a try.

Thanks for finding the problem - I have updated the file and put back all the locators I renamed / removed.

Could you check that the new file works ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17654-mutiny-fix-for-b14-beta-1-patch-6/page__view__findpost__p__396563

Thanks

:doff

i'll see when i get back to fort kralendijk (heading towards jamaica at the moment), but i'm pasting that file over now. did you ensure that any other quests aboard ships work too? as in, put ALL locators back?

EDIT: nevermind, i just read that you did. i'm sure it'll work fine.

this is strange. it seems i cannot test if this fix works or not, since the game suddenly thinks i finished the quest. i stopped getting the option to go aboard the pirate ship, and toff's dialogue is now that of after the quest. the quest log remains unchanged though, and the governor never had any dialogue signifying me finishing the thing.

Code:
			pchar.quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa.win_condition.l1 = "location";
pchar.quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa.win_condition.l1.location = "douwesen_port";
pchar.quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa.win_condition = "to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa";
Try put that in the console and executing it then go to the port and it should allow you to go to his ship (hopefully) :mm

The city I would say (how you would normally play the quest) so tavern to port (where the dialog to go to ship should happen again ;))

Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

pchar.quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa.win_condition.l1 = "location";
pchar.quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa.win_condition.l1.location = "douwesen_port";
pchar.quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa.win_condition = "to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa";

//	LAi_EnableReload();

no difference. i guess a new game is required then, since i can't imagine this bug being caused by the fix. maybe you just need to finish the quest without leaving the island?

no difference. i guess a new game is required then, since i can't imagine this bug being caused by the fix. maybe you just need to finish the quest without leaving the island?

Do you have a save from before you started Toff Oremans - if yes - just use that to play through and check the new version of the Locator file.

Yeah there is probably an attribute that makes sure you dont enable the quest twice... Im going away for the weekend but am taking my computer so I might give it a go myself :yes

Back