• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Time's acceleration and rest in game

Rad

Privateer
I have to go for weapons in 1 a.m. but it is 17 p.m. I only discovered button R which can double speed of time. Is there in the game any rest, or sleep or faster acceleration of time here? :shrug

It is different on land than it is at sea.

Instead of using the "R" button, use the "+" and "-" keys on your keypad.

At sea, time passes at 4 minutes per tick. The max acceleration at sea is x8, unless you are in battle then it is x6.

On land, time passes at 5 minutes per tick. The max acceleration on land is x3, regardless of circumstance.

The R key will return you to normal speed no matter what acceleration you are on.

You may also use those keys to slow down time; that is, go slower than speed 1.

You can pass time quickly by getting a room in a taven (speak to the bartender). You can choose to wake up in the evening (between 00:00 and 01:00 hours) or in the morning (between 07:00 and 08:00 hours). That is, unless you are already past midnight then you can only select morning.

Occasionally the room is full. In that case the best you can do is go back to your ship and sit in the harbor at x8.

Ye kin also sleep in yer cabin on yer ship, usin' de Talk to Self option... :huh

Now all Fred Bob be needin' tew figure out time-wise be how to make 2 or 3 hours pass by quickly in the CoAS while awaitin' tew go on his next dive! :shrug Any idears other than X3? :?

Thanks guys. I asked because so far I don't have any ship neither I can't sleep in tavern as Bishop's slave at Barbados plantation. But my problem resolved itself somehow because I received these weapons sooner than in the night. But I surely will try these + and - keys. Good wind to both of you and stay in contact. :onya

I usually hop on my ship and switch to the map mode to pass time faster. It's a little bit difficult to get used to, but since a day passes so quickly, you can switch back in so much less time than waiting on land or at sea.

is any how can i change this limits 6x 8x ? in file game?? ??

yes, but only with modding.

-make a backup of your seadogs.c
-open your seadogs.c and search for "float newTimeScale = 1 + (TimeScaleCounter)*0.25;"
-mark this line and the next 5 lines...should look like this:
float newTimeScale = 1 + (TimeScaleCounter)*0.25; // GetSeaTimeScale()
if (newTimeScale < 0) //don't wanna crash the game
{
TimeScaleCounter = -4;
newTimeScale = 0;
}
-and insert instead of the marked text following:
Code:
float newTimeScale = 1 + (TimeScaleCounter)*5;
if (newTimeScale < 0) //don't wanna crash the game
{
TimeScaleCounter = -4;
newTimeScale = 0;
}
if (newTimeScale > 60)
{
newTimeScale = 60;
}

now you can fasten the time much more with + and - but be careful on sea...sometimes the game crashes if your ship is too fast.

an other way is to search for "SetTimeScale(GetSeaTimeScale());"
and change this in "SetTimeScale(8.0);"
you can set every number you you want instead of the 8. but set a too high number because if you play on land I have to aim very well where I'm running

Back