• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Maltese Crypte

richardhell

Landlubber
Hi,

Is there something to find in the crypte under the Maltese Abbay, or is this just another donjon?

I've just done all the crypt killing every monks i found but i had few bugs so i'm not sure that i've done everything in there... particularly, there is 2 rooms with symbols on the wall and i'm not sure if ther's something to do with it...

Does anybody can tell me what this is about?

Thx

The model ( location ) is copied from the temple on Cozumel - which you go to at the end of the Standard ( Nathaniel Hawk ) storyline
So the symbols on the wall may only work in the original location and not in this copy.

From The Greater Oxbay Read Me file ( with build 13 ) by Couch Captain Charles:-

Update Nov 05

The Haunted Maltese Abbey
The dungeon with a difference

I have turned the "Abbey of the Maltese Order" in the new Greenford suburb into a haunted abbey. Basically a dungeon, but there are quite some differences to the usual "smugglercaves":

-The looks of location and characters differ from the usual

-New effects, traps and events spice up monster killing and treasure digging

-If you want a change from the straightforward killing of one monster behind the other, here you can play in a sneaky style: most enemies are a bit shortsighted(the background story will tell you why) So you can sneak around them in the mazelike locations, wage hit and run attacks or lure single enemies into quiet corners to dispatch them one by one

-Three "levels": to get to the crypt where the rich grandmasters of the Maltese order (and their treasures!) are buried you have to fight yourself through other locations

-The central level is much more rewarding. Digging for treasure there will yield more loot than the usual boxes(and a few surprises ) If you loot all enemies and dig up all treasure you should be able to buy a fine new ship. (If you get out alive without being looted yourself) So an abbeytour is just the thing to start your carreer

-occaisional "bossmonsters" which are stronger than average (sometimes you'd better run..)

-thieves that run with your money (you think that's a pointless feature? Then try to chase a running thief through a maze full of traps and ghosts..)

Sounds a bit like a boasting advertisement, eh? Well, all this is of course only on amateurmod level. The locations use existing models with only slight modifications, in the long run the events may not be so surprising anymore, and with the effects I may have done too much :wink (Feel free to say so, I can esily tune them a bit down)

:cheers

thx for this information,

I only regret that i didn't find the third level were the grandmasters ave buried theire treasures, i presume, cause i only found the usual things you found in chests...

Anyway it was real fun, and i realy liked the running skeleton thief, even if i must admit i cheat a little by reloading a previous save, i only regret that there is so many bugs in this part, but sh*t happens...

I'll try to find the grandmasters treasures an other time...

There's a bug with the "dig spots", I think. It used to work, but not anymore. :facepalm

In build 13 the dig spots themselves were a bit of a lucky dip. Sometimes I would get just junk first off then if I was lucky I would get something worthwhile if I kept digging in the same spot. Other times the first thing got was a dose of poison which tends to knock your health drastically & yet other times I managed to dig up a ghost which proceeded to attack me.

Back