• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I don't post a lot of articles like this, but this one really impressed me when I saw it. I ran across this new children's book that was published back in September, and I just had to share it. The book is called "The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate", written and illustrated by Scott Nash and published by American independent children's publisher Candlewick Press. The book tells the story of Captain Blue Jay, notorious and feared pirate of the skies and captain of the aerial pirate ship Grosbeak. The story is quite unique and the book is beautifully illustrated by Nash himself.

Captain Blue Jay, notorious and feared pirate of the skies, has a fondness for collecting treasure, especially eggs. Unfortunately, sometimes his treasure hatches, and this time the hatchling is the strangest one the Grosbeak has ever seen. No sailor is certain whether the chick is a young god or just an oversized bird who needs too much food, but one thing is clear: the winds over Thrushland are shifting, and dramatic changes are in store for all.

Whether outwitting a gang of thieving crows, outrunning murderous fishers and weasels, or rallying Briarloch’s beleaguered sparrows, this motley crew must do all they can to stay together and stay alive. And that’s just the tip of the bird’s feather! Offering a bounty of illustrations and a host of memorable characters — from an endearing star-nosed mole to an unlikely little warrior with a vendetta — here is a treasure for anyone who has ever wanted to take to the skies and see where fortune blows.

You can find out more about the book and the author, and even download a fully illustrated preview chapter over on Candlewick's web site HERE! You can order the book and read a Goole preview of the book over at IndieBond, you can also order it from Amazon in the US, I am not sure if it available world wide.

Attachments

• BlueJay.jpg
    BlueJay.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 21
Back