• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug The French Man-o-war

Capt Pete

Powder Monkey
build 14 3.4
brave black flag
cheats enabled

I wanted to start with a Man-O-war
sos I gots it

as the game starts and you spawn in and have the conversation with the person responsible, I cant move my toon.
I tried F12 and that worked and went through the process of handling weapons and equipping items.
then the conversation turns to sword practice and I say,"for sure!" and we zone from the cabin to the deck and that's where it crashes

so restart, have to use F12 to move the toon and avoided the sword practice and landed on the dock. all good so far.
I get the stuff done for my minder and proceed to disembark from Nevis. I used the' go to the deck' option and the game wont load it and it crashes

load from save
this time on the dock I go to sea and avoid the deck scene. And it works fine until I land at any other port and use the moor function and the game wont load the deck and crashes.

load from save
this time I avoided the mooring option and went straight to the port, well. I had a fight and didn't want to play sos I jumped back to my ship to avoid such nonsense and the game wouldn't load the deck and crashes

I tried a fresh install of the mod and still this problems persist, the strange thing is the crash is not 100% of the time but its enough to annoy the beee jeezes out of me. I haven't gotten a Man-O war legallysos I don't know if things would be different.
I tried one of my other favorite type of ship, a heavy east Indiaman and things worked fine
I'm sorry I don't have an error report or a saved game at this time.

Capt Pete

1. Is your video card a Radeon 8500? It appears it crashed and killed the game.

2. You are trying with the Soleil Royal? That has been a very troublesome ship and is probably the root cause of your problems.

Which modpack version do you have? And exactly which ship did you try to start with.
If the problems happened before you got into port, then the ship model itself should not be related.
Because she doesn't get seen until you get into port.

thanks for the responses

@ Sir Pistof

1 Yease I am running PotC on a potatoe , but it hasn't limited me so far with this build or my healing of raids in Warcraft

2 it is indeed the "Royal Sun" that I tried to use

@ Sir Boelen
I believe I had the latest mod pack and the most recent installer. I just started puttering around in the game around 2 weeks ago.

it was indeed the "Soliel Royal"

I know I'm not supposed to cheat for it cheapens the experience, but I was curious and enjoyed the ship in the past

my thanks for the response

Capt Pete

I believe I had the latest mod pack and the most recent installer. I just started puttering around in the game around 2 weeks ago.
How about the version and date shown in your main menu?

I know I'm not supposed to cheat for it cheapens the experience, but I was curious and enjoyed the ship in the past
I do it all the time for testing purposes. :shrug

maybe so but! running the newest version and got an error! same ship, the French man-o-war and when loading into the tutorial , I can not move my toon . I was running one of the free play modes and with cheat enabled
I implemented F12 and got control of my toon and then proceeded to run the rest of the quest line with no issues. after it was completed, I chatted with the store owner and got a trade quest and set off
got to the next port >moored>went to dock>hand in quest
I said "yay!" and saved and closed the game.
Restarted the game>loaded save>grabbed a trade quest and" warped" to the deck and the game stalled on loading.
Repeated the process, and before I "warped" to the deck I hit F12 and loaded the deck just fine.
and I continued on my way.
Sailed into port>moored>loaded deck>went to shore>and the load stalled.

If this is a bug? I don't know, it could be my "potatoe" I have for a computer
I did a couple hours on a different ship and left everything on default and things worked fine, but I did get one crash
I was doing a Mooring>go to shore and this crash closed the game

this here is the error file

I just tried a Brave Black Flag start on the Soleil Royal and managed to move just fine after skipping the tutorial.

Try again when the next WIP version is posted (hopefully next week); I don't have time right now to further look into this.

Back