• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help the end

Marki

Sailor
hallo pirate friends
I've searched the whole site for information about the end of the game. there is not a lot. so there is probably no end of the game :rolleyes: I'm playing an old vanilla game I started long time ago. I've done all the quests, I've finished all the open purloined ship, stolen wife and stuff quests, Diego Espinoza is fully equiped, very very wealthy, the whole caribbean world belongs to him, except of panama, which was not attackable again even with over 3000 men :no I've got one, let's say, broken quest, industrial espionage :shock yeah you know, where you have to steal a ship plan for the ass of shipyardmaster, who wanted to pay a sh*t of a 1000 gold for it. so Diego drew instinctively his sword and tried to shoot this jerk. dind't work unfortunately, but since then this quest seems to be broken and does't move in the logbooks finished quests ......... . please fill in the word. could one broken quest mean I cannot "finish" the game? in this crazy game: YES :b: I've read somewhere something about a melody you can hear in the end....... and some said they heard it........ can't find it anymore, could be a fata morgana. or a ganja cloud. I've noticed if I give all my cities to the spanish (spanish general governor is in Panama) I reach the title of commodore (again, I lost it when I was bodychanging in Basse-Terre), but there could be another title (admiral?) because I reach commodore title and have about 4 cities left for me, but giving these 4 to Spain is not enough to reach the highest title. If there is one. I've planned to give them Santa Catalina and Cartagena (where my governor is disappeared anyway: Akella: :onya ) and hope the English take one of these cities, then I take it back and give it to Spain again. and hope that's enough for admiral title. won't work I'm sure. that's why I'm playing this game. but is the title important at all? I've all the cities, what now? Is there an admiral title, friends? Is there an end of the game? Is there a melody? Will Diego have his final orgasm or will he just become older? One pirate told in this forum he was able to play the national questline after the attack on Panama, one year after. And that there could be the possibility of starting a second national questline. Diego will do everything to find out. won't work I'm sure (the only attitude to get that far in that game: don't expect anything). Or do you have to do ALL the quests at least once? I've never helped a prisoner out of jail for example, I've never done a trade mission, I've done one, but failed :onya and payed the guy later. also cleaning the dungeon for the the priest is a rare quest. Or a place on the world map to sail to when the whole Caribbean is yours? no. any ideas you buccaneeeeers?
I'd like to add: I can confirm you can conquer Willemstad. I couldn't for a long time, but after finishing coas quest (the last big quest in my game) I could keep it for myself. the english capitol I could take a long time ago (no idea why) and basse-terre: I don't know, I attacked it for the first time after coas quest.

Well Mate, Our hats off to you :doff and congratulations :cheers

I don't know of any of me own mates that have done as much in the gameplay as you. Sounds like you are a Grand Master of COAS. :bow

You are also the only swab I know of that has conquered the world as a Dago character. Most of us like to fight against the Spaniards at one point or another.

I think you may be the only person I know of that has actually poured more time into the game than myself.

I have done two national quests back to back, but only English and Dutch. I don't know if it's possible with any other combinations.

The simple fact is though that this game was designed to be open ended - so you can play forever if you have a mind to.

As far as the special music goes, go into the music file and play the oggs. Many players can play the extension. You can download one for free even. When I've tinkered with the music files in the past, I never noticed any unique music for the ending. I will have another look though now that you've asked the question.

GOF 1.2 is on the Horizon and we are also starting work on my new period mods, so much to look forward to in the future if you want to start a new game.

MK

:drunk Thank you :eek:ops But the real grand masters are you modders :shoot: I'm playing a GOF Nathaniel Butler game too by the way, I know your great mod, but I wanted to explore the possibilities at the end of the game and the end is so far away in my Butler game so I reloaded my Espinoza career. It's my way of playing, I start one game and take it to the end, I've only played exactely two games. And with the help of your great PIRATESAHOY project I could avoid the most evil traps in that game :huh :bow

I've got questions:
Do nations conquer cities at all? The French conquer Cartagena for example, and Cartagena is French then? I think I've never seen something like that. If I conquer Cartagena for myself, Spain is able to attack me and take the city back, but if I give Cartagena to France, is Spain able to conquer the French Cartagena?

Can a nation have a comeback when it was pushed out of the Caribbean? England for example has no city left in my game, can they come back, does even the general governor return?
What about an "end mod" by the way? another wife for example, a new love, since the first marriage in the game is not really a big success 8) After certain main quests a pirate would have the possibility to retire, with a nice bride at his side? Let's say Danielle Sheppard? Or to retire with one of the brothel keepers you have not messed up with?

And something about the book system in GOF, if I compare vanilla and GOF in that point: The books in GOF are really beautiful, also the idea with the 3 categories of books (+10, +20, +30) is great, but there is a problem with the balance now, books are generally too valuable in GOF. the player needs them in the beginning, so it's good you can find them quite easily. I read in the forum some think it would be nice if street merchants would sell books too. I think that's not a good idea. books shouldn't be something to trade with, there's already enough in the game to trade with. The prices are the problem: a heavy weapon workout manual is about 50000 gold. So I HAVE TO go after it, steal, search the best houses, search the book places,..., you know, because they ARE THERE and the player wants them because he can sell them at the end of the day for 150K+ Books should be very cheap, rare, but cheap, 100 gold, 200 gold, 300 gold when you sell them. Then, when you are at the point where you don't need the books anymore you don't have to go after them either. And at the beginning you go after them anyway, but not because they're valuable. I think I'm a little bit more at sea in vanilla version than in GOF because of that "book hunt problem". What can you find at the same book places in vanilla? a maltese sword. a saber. nice at the beginning, not really interesting later. So you can go stealing, if you feel like, but you don't "have to". Low book prices would bring that feeling back. just an idea.

thanks and see you later

I've got questions:
Do nations conquer cities at all? The French conquer Cartagena for example, and Cartagena is French then? I think I've never seen something like that. If I conquer Cartagena for myself, Spain is able to attack me and take the city back, but if I give Cartagena to France, is Spain able to conquer the French Cartagena?

Can a nation have a comeback when it was pushed out of the Caribbean? England for example has no city left in my game, can they come back, does even the general governor return?
What about an "end mod" by the way? another wife for example, a new love, since the first marriage in the game is not really a big success 8) After certain main quests a pirate would have the possibility to retire, with a nice bride at his side? Let's say Danielle Sheppard? Or to retire with one of the brothel keepers you have not messed up with?

Well to answer a couple of you questions: Yes nations will eventually make a comeback if you let them. I've had it happen to me. I had only taken a few towns when I lost one to an expedition launched to retake it. Ships for the other nations are continually generated even when there are no cities to support them - these include punitive expeditions and raiding forces, which will take back towns for their nation given enough time.

Officerpuppy has talked about other possibilities on the wife/marriage thing. I think he is interested in that as well and has been looking into the code to see if it's possible for a while. If it is, he will figure it out I'm sure. In GOF he changed Isabella's husband to be a Venetian mafioso type. You should check out his retexture - its awesome. I believe he has another mini-mod that changes the Isabella character into a completely different character with a different name even. I think he was looking into disabling the code where she magically knows you've been in brothels in another city and leaves you. Anyway, he is the expert on this area and I know he has not lost interest in improving this aspect of the game.

On the books, Darkhymn is currently looking into a more holistic rebalancing of their values and it's something the mod team has talked about for a while. We will have to wait and see what he comes up with. I'm sure it will be great. He is a talented modder.

What a great game! You've inspired me to try a Spanish character. I've never done that as long as I've played the game. I've also never done the Spanish governor's questline. As long as I've played the game, I've still only got through half of it's content. Very much looking forward to playing through the other half! :doff ;)

MK

Thanks man. so I think I'll go on with Diego for a while, just see what happens :nk get the French back and get a second national questline hmm, just a pirate's dream. sailing with the dog of war and the flying dutchman is nice anyway. sometimes the dog of war let me think I'm playing an UFO game :mi .
wow when I hear that about the work in progress, unbelievable, this game is already really good, but you guys are still working :yes so I think it shall become the BEST game EVER. worked out like no other game ever was. I hope in the future game developpers who want do something about "pirates" won't see your mod and say: well, let's do something about... frogs? Isabella quest: hmm, I looking forward to it in that case.

Yeah MK, do that, play the evil spaniards :urgh One advice I would give: Finish the whole ascold-mummypowder-bodychanging-attack-on-Basse-Terre-quest before you start the spanish questline. otherwise you'll lose your spanish title with this attack on Basse-Terre :slap . but if you finish the ascold quest first, you're commodore after the questline and it would be very interesting to see what you could become then giving cities to Spain :rolleyes: A spanish Caribbean super hero I think. and: in my game it was nice to have good relationship (most of the time, sometimes their ships were just too beautiful...) with France, Basse-Terre is a nice base. And you shouldn't attack Basse-Terre anyway until the end of Ascold quest (you shouldn't keep if for yourself at least, if that is possible at all at that time of the game, I don't know) because it could break Ascold quest, I've read in the forum. Probably you wrote it xD: For you it's time to set sails and show these English snobbies and Dutch boobies who rules the sea :dance thank you have fun :drunk

I have done two national quests back to back, but only English and Dutch. I don't know if it's possible with any other combinations.

You mean like breaking the quest-line for the English and starting again with the Dutch? I really didn't get what you said about "other combinations", is that it? You can complete a nation questline, then break it and start a new one with another nation?

Back