• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Complete Sailors Guide To Privateering

How Expensive Should the books be?

• All quite expensive

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Increasing Expensive for the higher ranked books

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • All about the same price (say 500 gold)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
The .tx format allows compression of the .tga files. By default the TX Converter generates uncompressed files which can be pretty darn big as you've discovered, but it also allows you to generate compressed files. That's worth experimenting with. :yes

I wonder... now that we've got the source code, could we make the game read .tga files instead of .tga.tx? If we could, would we want to? Or would we lose the ability to compress the files? Would .tga files load faster or less fast in the memory than .tga.tx file? I really don't know...

Because the .tx is simply a container file for the .tga, the tga would probably load faster as all the .tx on the end does is add a step to the loading process. Additionally, if the .tx files are compressed, the engine most likely has to decompress them in the memory before displaying them, which is yet more load time. I doubt the change would make a significant difference either way, but it would be more convenient for modders, as we could just save out projects as .tga with gimp or photoshop, rather than having to use a poorly constructed conversion tool :)

The new title for the Tier 2 Medium Weapons Book
{Caring for your Cutlass}
How to keep your favorite medium weapon sharp and ready for battle. (+20 Medium Weapons)

I've done some good things with this since I've been without a connection. Mostly I wrote the code into all 46 books pointing to their textures, even though currently there are none. Additionally, I modified the text at the top of the map/book analysis screen to read "Examining Document" which is a bit more neutral than "Map analysis". Last thing of note pertaining to the mod is that I wrote a quick readme, though it still probably needs some work. I also made a minor fix to the reinit button. Namely, the reinit text now displays on it, rather than the button being blank.

Rar ---- Zip

That's brilliant, mate! :onya
Thanks! :cheers The reinit thing was actually an accident resulting from the "Map analysis" change. Turns out all of the strings are located centrally in common.ini, and the ones in the various other files just point to that.

I also made a minor fix to the reinit button. Namely, the reinit text now displays on it, rather than the button being blank.

Hahaha, i did this too last night. Oh well its doubly fixed now.:p
Figures we would both figure it out within a day of each other xD:
Well, now if CSGtP goes live before patch 2 it'll be fixed in-game a little early

On a separate note, is there a file that I'm missing that governs which items show up for sale in the shops? I only ask because neither FireBat nor myself has seen any of them for sale in testing. I'm trying to figure out i I have them set to be too rare, or if there's something I'm missing, or if I just haven't gotten far enough n testing, or some combination of those.

Nice work gents!

Looking really forward to all of these nice new toys showing up in game before too long.

Cap'n Drow

Back