• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved That Lagging feeling.

Westreicher

Landlubber
So I'm running GOF 1.2 with its patch. My problem is that it lags during sea battles specifically during night time battles. It also lags if there are 4 enemy ship or more. I have noticed that a spike in lag happens when ship cannons are fired. Even during a day battle one on one there will be slight lag during cannon fire. I also noticed that the lighting effect seems to be on the wrong side of the ship. when port cannons fired I see flash on starboard side water. Can SOME one please help me i would much appriciate it. Is there anything i can set in any of the .INI files changed lighting or effect's, detail up or down. PLEASE HELP thank you all for your time and patience.

I don't really know of anything that can be done to lessen the lag on your machine internal to the game. :shrug

However, I do have an old laptop I used to have lag problems with a couple years back. I would disconnect from any connections and turn off AV and go to my processes, turning off almost everything else.

I would tweak the settings on my video card to favor performance over quality. I would turn down ani-aliasing and max out my VA/VM settings.

When I did all that it ran with no lag. After a while I found a game optimizer program that I DL'd for free and set it up with my desired settings, so I could simply launch it with none of the manual pain and it would remember my settings - there were no lag problems after that.

MK

well in uninstalled it all and reinstalled it with the exception of the patch for small patch for 1.2. GOF 1.2 is finally running fine.

If you're still experiencing lag during the night, ask here to tell you how to remove the stars the cause it. (I'm bored to write it now, but if anyone is experiencing lagging during night time, ask here and I'll tell you how.)

yeah after all my frustration I decided to go with the vanilla game + cd crack it is stable and no crashes or lag. I figured since i have never played the game before now I would go original and after I've played through I will take up the challenge of getting GOF to run on my computer. Thank you so much for all your help.

If you're still experiencing lag during the night, ask here to tell you how to remove the stars the cause it. (I'm bored to write it now, but if anyone is experiencing lagging during night time, ask here and I'll tell you how.)
how to remove the stars?

Back