• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tall Ships Festivals Coming to Southern California

Got a shot of the damaged Pilgrim, but when I was there, I forgot what was damaged, so I didn't get a good shot of the damage.

The incident with the Amazing Grace was interesting. Why do they even have live ammunition in the first place?

I regret not going on Saturday, as obviously the mock battle on Sunday was cancelled. So I ended up just getting mediocre shots this year. Oh well. :shrug

309137_441433699242313_1777612597_n.jpg

The Irving Johnson leaving the harbor.

399135_441410222577994_626598438_n.jpg

The various ships bound together.

480241_441434999242183_810573531_n.jpg

429866_441434779242205_2005677876_n.jpg

Ah.. You got there after three vessels had already left. We were able to hide Pilgrim's damage fairly well by the second day of the festival. You can see the missing port headrail, (a separate incident during the long sail) the anchor, which had been pulled out of its lashing to the rail, a nice gash, and damage on the fore shrouds where they meet the channel (most of the damaged parts were pulled off on Saturday).

I'm surprised word got out about Amazing Grace so quickly. They have a reputation for doing stuff like that.

I got there just as they were leaving, but by the time I took the pics, they had gone.

Ah, no wonder I couldn't spot the damage. Well good job at hiding it then, cause I couldn't spot it. lol

Yeah, a news van was there and it was on the news later that night. They have a reputation for this? Wow, that's not good. I don't know why they have live ammo on board, but if they do, it shouldn't be stored near the blanks. Seems like common sense. They showed a blank and a live shell on the news, they nearly look identical. If they're gonna have live ammo on board, they need to color code it so it can't easily be mistaken for the blanks. :facepalm

Their reputation is for passing people far too close, sometimes cutting them off, and firing on other vessels without warning or permission.

You may find this hard to believe, but Pilgrim's missing nameplate was just found washed up on a beach north of Dana Point. That's going to be the second time that that's happened to us in four years.

You may find this hard to believe, but Pilgrim's missing nameplate was just found washed up on a beach north of Dana Point. That's going to be the second time that that's happened to us in four years.

You guys need to bolt that thing down better. haha :facepalm

I think that the wave hit it so hard the plywood broke around the bolt. The bolt was still there when I put the cardboard sign on. We can't put another bolt in the hull because if we did, we'd discover some serious dry-rot or something of the sort that we would have to fix.

Back