• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sword Ideas

WindmillSlayer

Powder Monkey
If anybody is willing to lend an ear (or rather an eye), I have some ideas for exotic blades that might add even more variety to POTC.

Kopis

Dmg. Min/Max: 22/28
Piercing 10%
Block 15%

A powerful, heavy sword once used by the soldiers of Greece.

044-1-.jpg

Katzbalger

Dmg. Min/Max: 19/23
Piercing: 30%
Block: 20%

A deadly German arming sword carried by Landsknechts.

katz3.jpg

Khanda

Dmg. Min/Max: 45/65
Piercing: 15%

A powerful, heavy Indian cutting sword. Not much will be left standing after a strike with it.

ph-0.jpg

Jian (This is also the sword used by Elizabeth in POTC At World's End)

Dmg. Min/Max: 19/22
Piercing: 25%

Known in China as the Gentleman of Weapons, this light and elegant sword is perfect for skewering cutthroats.

jian4.jpg

Shaska

Dmg. Min/Max: 28/35
Piercing: 35%
Block: 35% (Basically it'd be a direct upgrade over the Squall, as the Squall is over the Saber of Nick Sharp, which is over the Dragon's Tongue, and so on.)

A notoriously sharp blade wielded by the Cossacks of Eastern Europe.

kozacka-szabla-szaszka-j_131.jpg

I have a few well-documented swords that are totally missing from the game and are not represented by type at all, but should be there, as they were very common among the Euopean seafaring powers. Do we have a modeler for them?

The Kopis looks like a bent machete and the shaska is in the game too.

No one is modeling for POTC anymore.

When I do finally get the game on PC and the builds, how can I get the Shaska and Katzbalger?

The Katzbalger, you will find it on enemies that have died. It's a not-rare blade, you can find too in the stores and on the item traders and street merchants. Not a bad blade.

The Shaska.... yeah... not so easy to find. Mostly you will find the sword with the help of Gregor Samsa on Speighstown's port (It's the guy who looks like Barbossa). For that, the item trader should have a Qual >7 or so. And it's expensive, but it's very good, more than the Katzbalger.

The katzbalger is a common sword and can be bought or looted from corpses as HellSailor says. I wait never see the shaska until I get to a high level and then it starts appearing on corpses. I never go to Speightstown as I am always hostile to the British.
There is also a US cavalry sabre but it is very rare.

The best sword for my officers is the Solingen rapier.

It is early in the game as I started this one at the same time as everyone else with the new patch, and I gave a selection of common swords to two officers, one melee 8 and the other melee 4.

In order of their preference:
1. Swept Hilt Rapier
2. Bosun's choice
3. Back Bladed Sidesword
4. Katzbalger
5. Asiatic Broadsword
6. Walloon sword
7. Milanese Longsword
8. Maltese Knight sword
9. Smallsword
10. Piranha

Of the top three I like the Back Bladed Sidesword best because it is the most balanced one.
The Katzbalger is all offense and not much defense while the Asiatic Broadsword is well balanced.
Early in the game I lust for the Walloon because of its good defense.
The Piranha is basically a machete.

The Katzbalger, you will find it on enemies that have died. It's a not-rare blade, you can find too in the stores and on the item traders and street merchants. Not a bad blade.

The Shaska.... yeah... not so easy to find. Mostly you will find the sword with the help of Gregor Samsa on Speighstown's port (It's the guy who looks like Barbossa). For that, the item trader should have a Qual >7 or so. And it's expensive, but it's very good, more than the Katzbalger.
What are its stats?

The swords in NH have different quality levels from badly worn to excellent. They also wear and need to be repaired by a blacksmith periodically. So, here are the stats for a few swords in excellent condition:

Katzbalger: min/max 16/40, piercing-40%, blocking-22%

Walloon: min/max 16/29, piercing-33%, blocking-48%

Bosun's Choice Cutlass: min/max 23/40, piercing-38%, blocking-32%

Swept Hilt Rapier: min/max 21/33, piercing-49%, blocking-32%

Back