• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Suggestion for boarding

L0M3N

Sailor
Okay it always bothered me when i had to fight through like 8 decks of bad guys on a boarding.
Unless I am mistaken didn't ships usually only have 1 or 2 decks?
Either way it is tedious gameplay wise to wade through deck after deck
and cargo hold after cargo hold of bad guys to capture 1 stinking ship.
It might be just me but I would love to have less levels on each ship I have
to fight through. Especially because I always use grapeshot and still have to kill 500 bad guys.
Anyone else agree with me?

who says the rooms are on different decks? i do think though, that ships should surrender slightly sooner. right now they still occasionally fight to the end when at treacherous morale. the difference between what it should be and what it is is not large though, just a minor tweak.

Ah yes, even on the small starting Lugger, you have the Captains Cabin, Main Deck, Crew Deck and Cargo Hold - so thats four different rooms on just two levels(decks), above and below deck. I guess on most other, larger ships you just have more rooms to go through? I agree with Morgan Terror on the weird Morale issue though, i still can't work out how or if that is working as it should. I sometimes see ships surrender way too quickly, and other times not at all? And i can't quite see the relationship with Morale is always the obvious key as to why?

you have to go through at least those four areas, because every ship needs to have a tleast those 4 to be able to give the player all the game's functions.

If a ship still has 500 crewmen left after using grapes, then you are talking about manowars. Those huge monsters have multiple gun decks and holds that you have to fight your way through. If that is too much trouble for claiming such a prize then stick with the barks.

About surrendering, there is a setting in options that you can change. I stick with .04. The goal is to get them to fight until they are close to sinking and then surrender. The Captain's leadership plays a role in that so that some ships never surrender and some surrender too soon. It's too bad that the best Captains fight to the death.

I often just end up sinking a ship if it looks like being hard work to take, sometimes i'll even leave them and sail away once the threat is taken care off.

Note that surrender at sea and surrender during boarding are two different things.
Surrender at sea generally happens too frequently, so we set that chance right down to the absolute minimum.

The crew quarters are not used in boardings.

Yeah see I think most ships should just have a fight outside, a fight on the cannon deck, and then the cabin fight.
And the bigger ships can have an extra deck or two to fight through.
But if I'm the only one then just ignore me. Lol

Back