• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Stuck with Church protection/Abbey of the Maltese Order (spoilers, of course)

there was a video posted on how to find room of crypt where items are. followed it to the tee and the pic i posted is what i find and that potion on floor u can not pick up. maybe that where the body should be and locator showed nothing for gun. i was able to pick up the other two potions though, so all together it shows only three potions nothing else.

That potion on the floor is probably what appears when something is wrong with the placed randitems there.
Like the the location file. Or initItems. Are you sure you've got the latest zip etc etc correct installed?

I don't know what's wrong. Got the latest update too BUT find those items. :shrug

Just to be sure: Open CCClocations.c in PROGRAM\Locations\init.
Search for Locations[n].id = "Greenford_M_crypt";
at the end of this location do you have this block?

Code:
// PB -->
    Locations[n].locators_radius.randitem.randitem1 = 0.01;
    Locations[n].items.randitem1 = "body";
    Locations[n].items.randitem2 = "LongRifle_C";
    Locations[n].items.randitem3 = "book_exorcist";
    // PB <--

Another test:

put these 2 lines in console.c just above the first switch( )

Code:
Logit("Location: "+ locations[FindLocation(Pchar.location)].id);
Logit("Locatorfile: "+ locations[FindLocation(Pchar.location)].models.always.locators);

move to the crypt and press F12
what messages do you get in upper left corner?

Placement of lines: I mean just above the first switch( at the beginning of console.c

Messages: should appear om the screen left upper corner ingame if you press F12 when in the crypt.

Make a copy of your console.c and use mine instead. Go to the crypt and press F12.
The we'll see if you get any messages.

Attachments

• console.c
    67 KB · Views: 144
ok im back... i pressed F12 with your console file and in the crypt it read lab2/ccc and greenford crypt, thats it. still no body or gun.

Attachments

• compile.log
    19.4 KB · Views: 135
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 132
  • system.log
    2.3 KB · Views: 137
Let's do a last test:

add these 2 lines in the console.c just above the switch:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "LongRifle_C");
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "book_exorcist");

press F12 and check if you got them.
To see if these items exist at all.

k i pressed f12 and recieved the gun and book, went to church and upgraded quest..thanks alot for ur help really appreciate the effort. now the sir francis drake sword not to b found but i hear its not a great sword but i would like to complete angelique moulin missing father quest, i just need the sword

This was just a test to see if those items existed. Something is still very wrong when they do not show up in the crypt.
I really can't say what.
You can use these latest lines in console to give yourself any other (missing) items. Check in PROGRAM\ITEMS\InitItems.c for the correct item names.

But the bug or what it is remains.

now the sir francis drake sword not to b found but i hear its not a great sword but i would like to complete angelique moulin missing father quest, i just need the sword
When you bring Angelique's father back to Port au Prince, you talk first to Angelique and then to her father. You have the choice to reject or accept an old journal. Be sure to get the journal, do not tell him to give it to someone else. You can then find the sword on Antigua, though finding the exact spot can be difficult.

The body, the book and the rifle should be here. But this has been a problem earlier and I don't know if it got a solution. post #35, #36

crypt items.jpg

Back