• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuck using guide book!

zengrath

Landlubber
So I've finished all quests in the CoAS guide v3.. Yet I'm stuck with 24,994 gold pieces. i seem to need only 6 to get 25,000! But none of shopkeepers will talk to me so i can sell stuff, I've also talked to every NPC i could find just in case was any extra quests not mentioned in guide book, I've searched every home and every chest i could think of in hopes of finding money. I've also tried killing people.. which didn't work out so well!

Only quest i didn't do exactly right was part where your friend asks you to kill someone, i talked him out of it instead of killing him and supposedly lost out on 1000g.. does this mean I'm screwed because i did this one mission differently? is there no way to get a few more gold since i cannot talk to shopkeepers, etc?

I really don't want to restart and do it all over again, this has taken me 2 days just to do and learn where everything is the first time through.

I have to say if i have to restart then i dno't think this is game for me, this has been most frustrating game i've ever played but i'm hoping to god it gets better once i get past all tehse annoying quests. I really enjoyed PoTC! but quests in this game really really really suck! i don't think i could have done it without the guide book (and even following it i couldn't!!!).

Please someone tell me there is a way to make few gold pieces so i can continue....

well... I've never played Peter Blood and I assume this is in regards to his intro quests, but you could always enable debug mode and give yourself 10k.

well... I've never played Peter Blood and I assume this is in regards to his intro quests, but you could always enable debug mode and give yourself 10k.

Yea it's peter blood, but is there no way to try and earn it another way? it would suck if no other way then to restart or cheat..

i've tried going into jungle hoping for random spawns to get me someone i can kill for money, but nothing seems to spawn.

does this game still have random spawns like POTC or are they disabled in this game?

I randomly run into civilians and bandits in jungle areas. Whether or not they are activated during that part of the game though, I do not know.

ok.... i loaded a save game before last quest i did, instead of taking 30k, i took the 50k with negative reputation hit and was able to complete all quests..

I'm now free!!!!!!!!! woot!

I do think they should make one of rewards slightly higher by like 1k or whatever so that if you choose to talk your friend into not killing the other dude and if you choose not to get a negative hit on last quest you can still continue.....

Back