• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Stuck-silent bug! | Hornblower -> The Lieutenant’s Exam – Fire Ship : Foster Dreadnought

Spicy Sailor

Powder Monkey
Hello again! I downloaded the new version (current: Build 14 (28th June 2019) ) and i started playing the story line of Horatio Hornblower. I am getting stuck on the mission "Examination" where after they raise the general alarm and i have to run to the dock for the Fire Ship, i meet Foster and Hammond but they are both silent. I cannot speak to them, they don't speak to me when i go near them. I tried leaving the dock and re-enter it, it didn't work. If i go to the dock i can access my ship and simply leave, and the quest bugs and stop there. I restarted the new game with several setting changes (default and others), and all stuck at the same point with Silent Foster and Hammond. I deleted the "Options" file and replayed the game (tried both: loaded saved game and new game) still the same problem occurs. This wasn't caused on the previous version that i had Build 14 (21st may 2018). You could simply talk to them. Anyway this bug completely stops you from continuing the chronicles of Horatio Hornblower.
BDLdERd.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    23.6 KB · Views: 240
  • engine.ini
    35.2 KB · Views: 231
  • system.log
    804 bytes · Views: 258
Last edited:
Hmnnn...that shouldn't be happening. You did not see any error.log file? I wish I could help you more into this but try reading this and perform it to the letter until you get there. I know, reading Walkthroughs take away the adventure feel but I do it whenever I get stuck somewhere because I might've unknowingly broke the game or the quest because I got a little carried away with something else. Some quests we have here, I'm not saying this is one, and even with the vanilla game you have to follow a certain pattern in order for it to work and it has always been one of the downside of this game but hey it's not gonna hurt to try and get a little help by reading the walkthroughs every now and then. Sometimes you'll find things in there that would surprise you as well, at least for me. I've read things from guides that I would've never even tried or think would work or know IS there. Lol.

You may have run to the port a bit too quickly. A squad of soldiers are also running for the gate - be polite and let them through first. (I thought I'd fixed that one - perhaps not...) You'll probably need to reload a savegame from before the alarm sounded.

You may have run to the port a bit too quickly. A squad of soldiers are also running for the gate - be polite and let them through first. (I thought I'd fixed that one - perhaps not...) You'll probably need to reload a savegame from before the alarm sounded.
Tried it, tried many things (go slow, go fast, new game, new settings...) it wasn't a problem before i update. But now after a clean install i still cannot pass that one. Seems like the problem is in the new update

Oops! :oops: Somehow I must have moved a locator instead of creating a new one, specifically the locator where you go to trigger the conversation with Dreadnought Foster.

Download and extract this, then put it in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_Redmond\Port". It puts that locator back where it should be. You should then be able to load a savegame from before you go to the port to talk to Dreadnought Foster.

Attachments

• RedPort_l.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 314
Thanks Gray! i will try it. And if i unstuck there i will be able to confirm if the Natividad is fixed as well :)

Oops! :oops: Somehow I must have moved a locator instead of creating a new one, specifically the locator where you go to trigger the conversation with Dreadnought Foster.

Download and extract this, then put it in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_Redmond\Port". It puts that locator back where it should be. You should then be able to load a savegame from before you go to the port to talk to Dreadnought Foster.
Very nice, it is indeed fixed now, he talked to me and i could finish the mission

Back