• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Stuck after taking Bridgetown (Tales of the Sea Hawk)

Rico

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hello all :doff

After a few years I came back to PotC to check on the modpack's progress - seems infinitely more stable now than it was a few years ago, an absolute joy to play.

I am playing the original storyline, or rather I was until I got stuck this afternoon..

I have just taken Bridgetown to free Clement, busted him out of jail, took him back to the lighthouse where we had the conversation about him refusing to translate the text unless I take him along, which I of course had no choice but to agree to. He said he needed a few days, so I headed back to my new town to get my ships fixed and wait for him to finish. Repairs took about two weeks, after which I headed back to the lighthouse to pick Clement up, but he refuses to talk to me (the dialog box won't open, no reaction) :( Furthermore, the barkeep is equally silent and I can't seem to set sail either, no "Sea" icon in the menu when on deck.. :modding I checked my quest log as well, there is no entry about what I should do next (however the "To San Juan" questline still shows as open with the last entry being the one about taking over the ship "chartered" in Bonaire). Also, Danielle seems to be stuck in the Fort Commandant's position, can't appoint a governor either - can't remember if this is how it's supposed to be for now, but seems a bit strange as Danielle should be coming along to get the treasure, right?

Has anyone encountered similar issues? :diomed

EDIT: Oops, posted in general forum, not Support and Troubleshooting, sorry.. Feel free to move it

EDIT 2: Logs attached

Attachments

• error.log
    597 bytes · Views: 137
  • compile.log
    77 KB · Views: 136
  • system.log
    993 bytes · Views: 126
Last edited:
I've moved the thread to the forum section about this storyline. ;)

Do you have Danielle as an officer? After you talked to Clement, Danielle should have talked to you. Then you should have teleported back to town.

Do you have a savegame from before you captured Bridgetown to rescue Clement? If so, could you upload it? You'll need to use something like 7-Zip to compress the savegame file in order to upload it here.

I've moved the thread to the forum section about this storyline. ;)

Do you have Danielle as an officer? After you talked to Clement, Danielle should have talked to you. Then you should have teleported back to town.

Do you have a savegame from before you captured Bridgetown to rescue Clement? If so, could you upload it? You'll need to use something like 7-Zip to compress the savegame file in order to upload it here.
You mean immediately before? I thought I did but must have saved over it by accident - however there is one in which I have just saved Danielle in San Juan, please find it attached.

I did have her as an officer when I took the fort btw, yes.. But now she is the fort commander, unremovable and nowhere to be found :unsure After we talked to Clement the game did teleport us back to Bridgetown IIRC (not completely sure), the problems started after that.

EDIT: I've attached my latest save as well, the one in which I'm stuck on Barbados

Attachments

• -=Player=- Puerto Rico.rar
    762.2 KB · Views: 135
  • -=Player=- Barbados. MILITARY AREA.rar
    807.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Just to be clear: after capturing Bridgetown, you rescued Clement, then teleported to the lighthouse. Clement talked to you about needing time. Did Danielle then also talk to you? Presumably she did because that's what triggers the teleport back to town.

You don't go back to the lighthouse. But you should be able to talk to the tavern keeper because you trigger the next part of the quest by renting a room. Danielle is indeed supposed to be the fort commander as part of the preparation for what comes next...

I should be able to talk to the tavern keeper, but I'm not - which I presume you can see if you loaded up my save :unsure so what should I try doing?

It took me quite a while to get to the Bridgetown attack after loading your save at San Juan as I had to find and capture something capable of taking on Bridgetown fort. After that, everything worked as it should - breaking Clement out of prison, talking to Clement and Danielle at the lighthouse, teleporting to town, then renting a room at the tavern to trigger the next part.

Then I tried your save at Bridgetown fort. After getting to the tavern, I noticed that the tavern keeeper wasn't the only character behaving oddly, one of the characters who should be sitting at a table was standing up and also unresponsive. At a guess, the problem is the gang of crewmembers you have brought ashore. These routinely cause trouble in the form of extra ambushes, soldier patrols, and of particular significance here, tavern brawls. One of those tavern brawls may have affected the tavern keeper and the table character. Normally the tavern characters would probably reset when you sail away from the island and return at a later date, but you can't do that because the game is waiting for you to rent a tavern room.

Download the attached file and put it in your "PROGRAM" folder. Then load the Bridgetown fort savegame and press F12, which should return the tavern keeper to normal. Return to the tavern. For preference, dismiss the whole crew gang first to prevent another random tavern brawl.

Attachments

• console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 113
It took me quite a while to get to the Bridgetown attack after loading your save at San Juan as I had to find and capture something capable of taking on Bridgetown fort. After that, everything worked as it should - breaking Clement out of prison, talking to Clement and Danielle at the lighthouse, teleporting to town, then renting a room at the tavern to trigger the next part.

Then I tried your save at Bridgetown fort. After getting to the tavern, I noticed that the tavern keeeper wasn't the only character behaving oddly, one of the characters who should be sitting at a table was standing up and also unresponsive. At a guess, the problem is the gang of crewmembers you have brought ashore. These routinely cause trouble in the form of extra ambushes, soldier patrols, and of particular significance here, tavern brawls. One of those tavern brawls may have affected the tavern keeper and the table character. Normally the tavern characters would probably reset when you sail away from the island and return at a later date, but you can't do that because the game is waiting for you to rent a tavern room.

Download the attached file and put it in your "PROGRAM" folder. Then load the Bridgetown fort savegame and press F12, which should return the tavern keeper to normal. Return to the tavern. For preference, dismiss the whole crew gang first to prevent another random tavern brawl.

Thanks a bunch Grey Roger! Trying it out now..

If that fails, try this savegame. It's the result of my game starting with your San Juan save and playing through to rescuing Clement, talking at the lighthouse, and teleporting to town.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.zip
    1 MB · Views: 124
Worked like a charm, thank you very much. Since then I ran into a similar problem with Ines Diaz, the Nevis barkeep, but solved that on my own by modifying the console.c file to reset her instead of the Bridgetown guy. Thank you again!

You'll probably keep having problems unless you dismiss the crew gang...

Back