• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Starting New Horizons

Anubis Cruger

Landlubber
Starting New Horizons, so need a full debrief on installation. Please guide me through the installation of the latest stable version with possible patches. There are so many options in the forum and in Moddb which is confusing.

How I did it:

1: Install PotC everywhere, but C: Program Files
2: Download the necessary stuff (Which you can find in the opening post here: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update: 3 August 2018] )
Build 14 Part 1: Installation Wizard
Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive file
Extra Fix Archive: Download
3: Put the downloads into one created folder, just in case.
4: Start the Installation Wizard, install New Horizons into the same direction PotC is in.
5: Drag the contents of the Extra Fix Archive into the game direction. Overwrite everything.
6: ???
7: Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Last edited:
1: Install PotC everywhere, but C: Program Files
For windows 10 it worked best for me in a new folder directly under C:.
As I recall it neither the "PROGRAM" or the "PROGRAM (x86)" folders did work.

Also I always take a copy of stock potc and add all the things to that one.
So there is still a clean stock potc left if everything goes wrong or when you have to
repeat the process later.

So there is still a clean stock potc left if everything goes wrong or when you have to
Yep, that's always a clever idea! Potential reinstalls are much easier that way. :onya

Same here. I have a stock installation which I copy to a new folder, then run the newest installer on that folder. It's a lot quicker than installing from CD. (And I can run tests when, occasionally, someone wants help with the stock game.)

Back