• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Standard Storyline: Two Identical Outfits

Out_of_rum

Sailor Apprentice
I also have a small question i hope is okay. I can´t seem to change between the 2 "blaze/Blaze" outfits that Nathaniel Hawk start with. When i press "Wear outfit" nothing changes.

I also have a small question i hope is okay. I can´t seem to change between the 2 "blaze/Blaze" outfits that Nathaniel Hawk start with. When i press "Wear outfit" nothing changes.
How exactly do you start the game? With what settings?
I don't remember the player starting the game with two outfits at all... :unsure
It has been like that for ages, I think that these two outfits are supposed to be the same. :shrug
Though it does beg the question; why do two identical outfits exist in the first place?

Started new game on default settings and:
Outfit1.png Outfit2.png

That's obviously a BUG.
Apparently some of the game code has suddenly become case-sensitive where it didn't use to be.

Does anyone have any clue when this second outfit appeared?
It shouldn't be there.

My ASSUMPTION is that this could be related to the recent code additions for translation.
But @The Nameless Pirate knows the dangers of assuming...

Thanks for reporting, @Out_of_rum! :cheers

Wow. I wonder how come nobody bothered reporting it until now then!

The longer a bug goes unreported, the more difficult it becomes to fix it.

Oh well... at least this one is pretty harmless, so "Low Priority" it is.

A quick experiment with 'DumpAttributes' indicates that this is not a duplicate outfit. Under the "clothes" attribute are sub-attributes for each outfit you have. Among these are "blaze" (all lower case), and any outfits belonging to party officers (also all lower case, even though their definitions in "initModels.c" are properly capitalised). There is only one entry for "blaze".

The bug only applies to "Blaze". It happens whether you start "Tales of a Sea Hawk" or you play FreePlay using the "Blaze" outfit. It does not appear to happen with other models, including variants such as "Blaze4". If you start with the "Blaze" outfit, the game points at this duplicate, not at the original "Blaze". The duplicate "blaze" has no model description.

The problem did not exist in Build 13. (I happen to have a backup of my old XP system on my hard drive, including an install of Build 13. As PoTC does not care where it is located, I ran "ENGINE.exe" from that backup folder, started Build 13, went to "Select Outfit", and there was only one "Blaze".)

Still to check when I have time: install Beta 3 and see if the bug happens there as well.

Sounds like it's either an INTERFACE bug then or something hidden in the Binary Depths of the Storm 2.0 ENGINE.exe file.

Back