• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Spirit of Sail" Kickstarter Campaign now LIVE!

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
A multiplayer RPG set in the Caribbean during the age of sail. Explore, Pirate, Trade or Fight your way to renown and riches!

2Sloops2.gif

Have you ever wanted to play a sailing game where real world locations are accurately modelled and combat is tactical and visceral? Where character development is expansive and directly tied to success or failure? Do you not want a game with giant squid, zombie pirates and superhuman characters running rampant? If that's the case then Spirit of Sail is for you.

For more much more details as well as a short and very early video of Pre-Alpha footage, have a look at the official Kickstarter page.

And be sure to drop by Flintlock Studio's own website as well: http://www.spiritofsail.net/

Attachments

• SpiritOfSail.gif
    SpiritOfSail.gif
    97.1 KB · Views: 19
Arr mates,

what you write sounds just too good to be true!
I wish you all good luck to get that kickstarter running!

:pirates

Thankyou, its a big project but we know it's possible if we can get off the ground. Most of our work so far has been in code but we're going to focusing this week on getting in a few more models so we can demonstate the modular vessel design sytem.

That would be a good idea. Your islands and water is already fine, but the ships seem to lack something, at least that was my impression in the video. A more detailed modell should help. I think many players who whatch this will be impressed by what they see.

I'm really looking forward to that.

I've finished the four hull type models and three of the deck plans for the single masted vessel today, I'll texture them tomorrow and all going well should be able to put up some screen shots of several single masted variants tomorrow evening complete with some deck equipment such as anchors, capstans, launches and of course cannon.

I'm also going to try and complete some basic models of the larger vessels so there is a visible comparison of size from single masted all the way though to heavy frigate.

Back