• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some suggestions for Directsail

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
Just some suggestions. Not sure if it's doable. Right now, Directsail has hourly day (date would increment for each hour passed). Can we instead have date advance at the end of "Land Ho"? So every hour passed in Directsail would no longer change date. But after you "teleport" to another island at the end of "Land Ho", the system would add a few days depended on the distance between the islands.

The hourly day change is intentional so that, when you sail from one island to another, it takes a realistic amount of time.

You could edit "InternalSettings.h" and set "OPEN_SEA_MOD" to 1. That will stop the 1 hour days and also make islands further away from each other, plus you arrive at an island further away from the coast.

Yeah, the date advance on the hour happens only if you're playing with the small map. setting OPEN_SEA_MOD to 1 plays much better.

Now what I know would improve my DirectSail experience is if that stupid loud bell wasn't ringing every couple of seconds when sailing at 20x speed. I'd rather have it not ring at all.

Back