• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some questions

Pieter

Landlubber
Hi all,

I had some questions about the game/mod.
First of all, I was wondering if the lifepoints of the NPCs, mainly redcoats, aren't glitched for me. they are all about 700+, some topping over 1700. It takes quite some minutes to slash one down with 10-20 avg hits.
secondly, how can you be successful in combat? I used to block and slash but the infinite blocks aren't working. How can I prevent being killed within 5 hits while they take about 50+? Is there an option to reduce lifepoints and to turn on infinite succesful blocks? nowadays I have to turn on a high speed with godmode and let an autospacebar program do the work, my wrist hurts after a few ship of the lines.
third question, is it weird that I have to pay 100.000-250.000 to my crew? you only get a few thousand for missions and I have to pay tons.

The problem is that I don't want to use cheats like I used to but it gets too hard and I can't really remember how the game was without mods. The mod introduced so much, it should have like a tutorial :/

Thanks in advance!

Redcoats, as in boarding fights? If so, take your time and wear them down a bit first with cannon fire. Over time their morale will drop and so will their HP. They are a bit easier to fight when their HP is 300 or less.

Weapons are extremely important! The best swords are to be found from Toff and Bartolomeo O Portoguese. Then there are the swords the Dutch And Portagee town guards use. Those are a great help. Then there is the golden cuirass, which becomes available after level 15. That is a huge help.

But the biggest help is to fight as much as possible right from the very start to get your melee and defense skills up because the increases taper off quickly and eventually stops. Then the only way one can get better is to meet a teacher in town.

That sounds like an awful lot to pay your crew. Do you miss paying them? It adds up over time.

Good swords to use: The Sword Of Nicholas Sharpe ( Avaible in New Horizons and Hoist the Colours), U.S. Calevery Sabre ( avaible in The Corsican), Falchion ( avaible in every time period), Solingen Rapier ( avaible in the Corsican), The Dutch Admiralty Rapier ( avaible in Bartlomeu's period), The Sword Of Francis Drake ( avaible in side quest in New Horizons).
The gun I reccomend using is the Pump Shot-gun- it does I believew 60 damage and can fire 3 shots before reloading( avaible in every period on Nevis : find the House In THe Jungle- kill Clint Eastwood, loot his body, get the pump shotgun equip it and your ready to go!)

Is killing Eastwood as difficult as it is supposed to be? (Eg. VERY difficult? :razz )
Does the pump shotgun still randomly appear in general gameplay or is it properly unique now like it is supposed to be?

This is an imposter Clint. He falls over after being slapped with a feather.

I have not seen the shotgun anywhere else in a long time.

Yep, That Clint will die instanely with one hit of a sword. :duel:
Man I wish those monks actually had some Holy Hand Grenades- it would be awesome to use some xD

Holy hand grenades? I can picture throwing one of them and it explodes into a bunch of angels flying around with flaming swords................ :8q

You do know that Lucifer was an angel, right? :wp

Well it doesnt matter anyhow since those "monks" dont give them. Its a good thing, else I'd be The Horror Of The Seas in less than a minute..He..he..he. :aar. Still just imaging Holy Hand Grenades, probally end a war and deeclare the victor in minutes :D

Uh? How come he is so weak???
Code:
    ch.rank     = 100;
    ch.HPBonus = 500;

:read When it comes to the shotgun I have a character that has FOUR (4) of them. I found 2 of them in chests when fighting my way thru boardings. Either on gun deck or cargo hold, cant remember which 1\or both. One was in inventory of a ships captain after making him a member of my crew. The 4th one I dont know where I got it. I fought some fights, went here & there then checked my inventory & found it there. I have not found Clint yet. :onya .Sinkem Awl. PS Using B14 b2.2

You found Pump shotguns on ships? :shock I played for months and every ship I never find pump shotguns...Lucky...

They are STILL showing up randomly? Have you got any idea how much effort various people have put into preventing that from being even remotely possible???

I was thinking finding pump shot guns on ships or even in the game is not really realistic, though its a good weapon.

Indeed it's NOT realistic. That's why we DON'T want it to happen. Them still showing up is very much unintentional.

Ahoy Mateys :)

Im new here and I have some questions about the build mod...but since these questions are random, I thought they would fit into this thread.

Well, usually I know how to find information so I prevent myself from asking unnecessary questions by just using google the right way. But since the wiki on this site is down (donno if its just me...I can't get there, I always get a "Not reachable, technical difficulties blabla..." message) so I had no other choice than to ask my questions here.

At first: Great work with the mod! It's just awesome what you modders made with the game. THANK YOU!

Well, lets start:

1. How do I buy ships in the shipyard which are marked with "Navy ship" / "Pirate ship"? Do I just need an LoM of the Nation the colony belongs to or is there something special I have to do?

2. In which situations the AI recognises a flag change? Can I change it when my ship is in the port or does this colony see this? Till now I always sailed into the open sea for this because I just wasnt sure.

3. On the well known island I always get the message "something is going to happen here" if I try to quicktravel...but I walked through the entire town (even into the prison), removed all officers and did this walk again and still nothing happens. Whats up here? I already spoke to the "well known person" and also visited the place that the "well known item" unlocks

4. Where and how do I start the pirate quest line (in the "New Horizons"-Story)? I visited turks and random other pirate colonies but the Chiefs in the town halls only fix my reputation with the pirates. To make it clear: I didn't visit all of the pirates places yet because after visiting 3 different pirate colonies with no result I just got tired of sailing around and searching for the point/person who unlocks the pirates quests

Well, thats all for now... :)

Thanks in advance ^_^

I'll try to answer some of your questions mate:

1. Go to Options then to advanced options scroll down and you'll different options for shipyard, ammo, food and probally your solution is in advanced options.

2. Say If you sail to an english port with pirate flag then right when you get to port you turn on english flag it wont matter- you'll get blown into tiny pirate chunks. Though if you go to dutch port and turn on english flag- no problem there.

3. The somethings going to happen here- I have no idea why it does that for me it only happens on Tortuga, and in a governor's office when his daughter appears.

4. I dont believe theres a pirate questline, if your talking about the regular New Horiozons main quest go to Jamaica.

1. So there is no regular way to "unlock" the marked ships than through the options? I just was asking because I play on realistic and to me it makes sense that a shipyard doesn't sell (for example) an navy ship to a radnom person. So I thought there is a way to do this without playin around in the options (like just "joining the navy" :D). But okay, I will try that ^_^

2. I know I have to be out of sight. The question was thought for situations like the following: I sail to an english Island with the pirate flag raised. I go onto the island from a random beach so the colonies on the island won't prevent me from going onto the island. Now I head over the island into an english colony and go into an english shipyard and find a ship I wanna buy (or repair my ship). If I do so I know this moves the ships over to the port of the colony but the pirates flag is still up. If I change the flag now (while still in the english town) with my ships in the colonies port will they recognize it? But nvm. I think this point I can just try to find out myself.

3. The "well known Island" I spoke about is tortuga... ;)
I just named it that way because I often read that in the forums ^_^
But okay, seems like I am not the only one with that problem

4. I just thought so because there also was a pirates quest line in Sea Dogs 1.

Okay then, thanks for your answers :)

1. As you improve your rank with a country you will start to see better ships in the shipyards for that country. Eventually you will be given a reward ship too. If you play as a pirate just go out and capture the things.

2. Plan ahead.

3. That is old code that never got removed.

4. There are pirate type side quests in the Sea Hawk storyline and you could also try out the Bartholomeu O Portegues story line.

Thanks again to you guys. I will keep you informed about my try with point 2 if you want :)

But I also can accept a "no, we don't need that here!" ;)

Go for it. I always change my flag first and then just sail into that hostile port and hope no one recognizes me. :keith

Back