• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some Problems

meyer189

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,

first up is a savegame issue, nothing wrong with my saves it just that the "pictures" is missing, in the save/load menu so i have to gess whitch save. yes i have choosen "profiles". on my first "profile" its a picture on ONE of my saves, the first one but none of the others, my other profile has no pictures on either of its saves.

sencond up, isnt so important, i mod a little myself and when i start a new game with for example USS Constitutionn i thought that the turn rate was a little too slow, in fact it almost didnt turn at all, i know it isnt realistic to have a good handling of a sail ship but i am playing in arcadic mode so to hell with the realism hehe, but when i went into ships.ini to "level" up the ships turnrate it didnt have any effect ingame. i have done this a lot of times on older version but it just had no effect here. :woot

Yes i heve pressed F12 or was it F11 in game, both by the way. :onya

Am i doing something wrong or missing anything? :shrug

With Best Regards
Meyer189 :)

If you edit ships_init.c, you need to perform a reinit (F11) AND re-give the ship to yourself.
Reinit you already did, so now give the ship to yourself again with the GiveShip2Character line in PROGRAM\console.c.

The missing savegame pictures seems to be a random issue ever since the stock game.
I've never seen it, but other people have. :shrug

If you edit ships_init.c, you need to perform a reinit (F11) AND re-give the ship to yourself.
Reinit you already did, so now give the ship to yourself again with the GiveShip2Character line in PROGRAM\console.c.

The missing savegame pictures seems to be a random issue ever since the stock game.
I've never seen it, but other people have. :shrug

Hello, and thanks for the answer Pieter!

I tried to add the ships name in Console, and pressed F11 but that diddnt do it, am i doing this wrong?

Best regards

Use the ship's ID. This should work:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"Constitution","USS Constitution",-1,AMERICA,true,true);

Just to add my 2 cents worth.

I'm on Windows 7, and if you play this game on Window mode, the save games do not get pictures attached to them, maybe this is the common cause.
It also crashes etc if you try to alt tab in a full-screen mode, but window mode sometimes allows you to alt-tab without breaking the game

Windows mode allows you to alt-tab, in full screen it CTDs the game. Like Pieter said the save game disappearing has been there since the stock game and I havnt seen it either.

The reason why people play the game in windows mode is so they CAN alt-tab :yes

Hey, now the game wont save anymore. after i went to talk to robert silehard, i open my savegamemenu then my old saves isnt there anymore,.. i can only make a new save but when i went into the savegame menu again that resent save isnt there either!

i tried to exit the game then start it and load, and then my old saves appeared but those afther i begun on mainquest are gone...

so, saving when doing standar mainquest in Alpha 10 dsnt work.

best regards

Did you get the fix?

Hello, yes if you mean - b14_alpha10_fix_updated

in it was 2 folders one named PROGRAM witch i assume is a backup for the folder i already have, and should not use.

and the second was PROGRAM_new witch i used. Extracting all fils over.

was that right!?

Best regards

No, both those folders are new, the reason why there is a PROGRAM_NEW is if you run the runme.bat it changes that to PROGRAM

So this means you can run the runme after you extract the fix... That is why your game isnt working, you need to just extract the files in the PROGRAM and allow to overwrite

Hello, have done what you said, and saving works perfect now, but there is still one ting thats crashing the game to desctop, everytime i try to heal me, bandage or healing potion. when i click on the potion bag it crashes.

just to inform, i have no doubt that you already know this but......

Best regards

I've seen that crash myself once, but have since been unable to replicate.
I've heard assorted reports from people who have that problem also,
but it seems pretty random. :modding

I have a minor problem:-

Any chance someone could tell me how to meddle with the number of animals etc...

I saw someone put lizards into the opium den. I was wondering how they did that as I dont have any fish/lizards/sharks etc for some reason :s ....

I also have the save picture problem but mine is caused because i changed my screen resolution to widescreen, if i set it back to regular game settings the pictures will save again

Back