• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Smugglers wont talk with you after coastguard appears

Do you have a savegame from before you enter the beach?

Here are 2 save files. But I think they are for 2 separate smugglings ...
One is on the beach the other is in the port and you have to sail to Muscetto cove.
But I tested both and they have the same symptoms

Attachments

• standard.rar
    860.7 KB · Views: 96
You are using the new Beta 4 version right?

@Levis: Now that you're looking into Smuggling again, do you reckon you can tackle this once and for all?
I think you got it almost sorted already, right?

Sorry this is an old thread, but today, my game broke, i talked to some smugglers they gave the money and then the soldiers showed up, i bribed them but they killed the smugglers, then i killed them, a mess, and they didn't defend themselves, later i went to another island and the smugglers were standing there and didn't talk to me, i press SPACE, and nada zero.

here is the save, but you need to use this NK.c or the game is going to crash ( i think).

Attachments

• NK.c
    207.5 KB · Views: 10
  • -=Player=- QuickSave 114.zip
    875.3 KB · Views: 13
here before entering the beach,

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 115.zip
    874 KB · Views: 14
here is the save, but you need to use this NK.c or the game is going to crash ( i think).
You appear to be having a lot of odd errors. If you have changed "NK.c", have you changed any other files?

My suggestion would be to copy your "SAVE" folder to somewhere safe. Reinstall the game, starting with the stock game and then applying the January 2022 Build 14 installer followed by the 12th January 2024 update. Then copy your old "SAVE" folder into the new game. If your old saves still crash the game, scrap them and start a new game.

You appear to be having a lot of odd errors. If you have changed "NK.c", have you changed any other files?

My suggestion would be to copy your "SAVE" folder to somewhere safe. Reinstall the game, starting with the stock game and then applying the January 2022 Build 14 installer followed by the 12th January 2024 update. Then copy your old "SAVE" folder into the new game. If your old saves still crash the game, scrap them and start a new game.

i didn't change much, just some coded stuff that shouldn't affect much, like able to block all damage like in vanilla game, and skipping some frames the the roll code to improve fps in storms (NK.c) change, that change crashes the game if you don't start a new game.

This error didn't crash the game though the smuggler just won't talk to me.
Also i was playing with the october 23 version.

Last edited:
Back