• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Smuggling for Thomas O'Reily - problem at Port Royale port

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
Hi guys!

Started this quest yesterday, but problem occured when I have to board a pirate ship and reclaim stolen cargo. Fort gun batteries are just too much for that poor little caravela :). It withstands no more than 30 seconds in range of those guns, which is too little for me to go near that ship and board it. Neither I nor my bosun do not have Instant boarding ability, he has only Master boarding and Grappling on 10, but no boarding option appeared, even when I'm literally cheek to cheek with that ship. Besides, is it even possible to board a ship in port?

Cheers,

best odds to board a ship you have when you match course and speed and are close to it. So run on parallel course, slowly overtaking the ship, and reduce speed when your besides her.
And yes, it shall be possible to board ships in port. It least in earlier versions this worked fine. A fort firing at you makes it sort of tricky though ... :shrug

No problem, I figured it out myself. Problem was in my officers, or in their skill levels to be exact. IDK why, but their contributive skills were set to the lowest value (1). It may be some glitch or something. All I had to do was reselect the officer roles trough passengers menu and it's working fine again. Ship boarded and cargo reclaimed :onya.

strange it happens..... a well good to hear it is fixed.

Back